Subway/Commuter Rail Cars for Trainz

I have gotten a pretty good handle on using SketchUp, and I have started building relatively high-quality subway and commuter rail cars. I am currently working on an R40 slant for Strain and I plan to do R32, R40M/R42, and R68/R68A (all post-GOH) subway cars. I also have fictional M9As, fictional R179s, a redesign of the Hogwarts Express as a dual-mode M8-styled multiple unit, and part of a fictional M8-styled Amtrak train with coach, dining, dining/galley, and baggage cars. If anyone is nterested in obtaining a .3ds file of any of these cars for Trainz, please leave a request here including:

Car type

Destination sign reading where applicable

Consist numbering

The fictional stuff will take no more than 2 to 3 days to do because I already have generic cars on my hard drive; my only issue will be access to a computer with SketchUp Pro on it. The real models will take until about 2-3 weeks from now before they are finished and then I will fill orders within 2-3 days of placement. Also, if anyone knows how to get a converter that can do common 3-dimensional filetypes (.3ds, .obj, etc.) to Trainz please let me know and then I will send out the Trainz files.

Ok. well could I get the

Fictional M9As

Fictional R179s (With the <7>, to Times Square or Jacob Javits Ctr for the future service)

R40 Slant(with the (A) to Far Rockaway and 207)

M8 Styled Amtrak cars

Thank You

I can't wait to see how these look!

BTW do you need my email?

Ok. well could I get the

Fictional M9As

Fictional R179s (With the <7>, to Times Square or Jacob Javits Ctr for the future service)

R40 Slant(with the (A) to Far Rockaway and 207)

M8 Styled Amtrak cars

Thank You

I can't wait to see how these look!

BTW do you need my email?

Yes, I do. I should be able to get you those today (except maybe the slant).

I usually use Magicland's R40 Slant, but I want to see yours. I also would like the R68/A. My Email is Ricardorick4444@gmail.com. The consist numbering could be random, and also, do you separate the picture you use from the rest of the train? Becasue I think I can use the destination sign changer in trainz, if possible. If not, I'll take both trains as a (:P from Brighton Beach to Bedford Pk Blvd. Thanks a lot.

Thanks to all of you for your interest. Here's the progress report: The R179s, M9As, and Amtrak cars are all sitting on my desktop at home. The reason you don't already have the .3ds files is because the SketchUp Pro I am using keeps freezing up and choking on the files. I should be able to get around that by Saturday. The R40 Slants are coming, but I am running into issues meshing the slant end with the roof so that may take some time. I have a decent chunk of the R68/R68A and the post-GOH R32 done, but those are still a little while away. To Rick44, I don't phototexture the destination signs because I find they end up poor-quality/grainy but I will get you the (:P slants.

Happy birthday, man! By the way, I think I just figured out how to do the mesh on the slant. Also, I generally work from the inside out. I can get a realistic-looking car shell piece for one of the central segments of the train body, then deal with ends and cabs. The roof comes last. Also, I am sorry but I will have to delay a bit on filling the orders. I want to install working interior lights/headlights/tail lights on the model and that will take time in GMax. I will try to get the finished GMax files to you by Saturday afternoon. If I can't do that, you will get them either next Saturday or sometime the week before next.

Okay, guys: the fictional R179s are now in .3ds format. After a painful first session with GMax I was unable to install the lights; is there anyone here with experience who would be willing to put the lights in the model so that you guys only have to put the cars in Trainz. Note: each car will be in a separate file so that the consist will not try to behave as one 300-foot car.

Each car is in a separate .3ds file. I will try to send in all the cars as attachments in one e-mail. If I cannot do so due to size constraints,

I will send multiple e-mails and state in the body of each e-mail what is attached. On a side note, I have some NYC subway-style elevated railway stations and one ground-level station in .skp on my hard drive. If you want those then let me know.

Each car is in a separate .3ds file. I will try to send in all the cars as attachments in one e-mail. If I cannot do so due to size constraints,

I will send multiple e-mails and state in the body of each e-mail what is attached. On a side note, I have some NYC subway-style elevated railway stations and one ground-level station in .skp on my hard drive. If you want those then let me know.

That would be pretty cool. Thanks!:tup:

Not a problem. This Saturday I will get you some screenshots showing where everything is. By the way, I got Trainz a little while ago and have been experimenting with it. The only problem is that my computer is a $400 refurbished e-Machine (ergo slow as sh!t) and so the only routes I can drive are those that I build, hence the delay on SketchUp.

They are mostly done. However, my father is currently in the hospital undergoing tests so I have had to be home both yesterday afternoon and all of today instead of going out and putting up the screenshots. I do most of the heavy photo posting on institutional computers because the computer with the 3D programs installed (my computer) and the computer with Internet (the family computer) are two different machines, and the last time I tried to take a screenshot on my computer it froze and I wound up unplugging it. :mad: Thus, I got the intermediate screenshots taken on Saturday, but I had to come home before I could get them on Photobucket and then up here. I was going to put them up yesterday evening, but due to the aforementioned situation with my father I had to come straight home after school. I should have them up this coming Saturday assuming the situation with my father goes well (don't worry, it's not immediately life-threatening.)

Archived