Subway/Commuter Rail Cars for Trainz

Not a problem. This Saturday I will get you some screenshots showing where everything is. By the way, I got Trainz a little while ago and have been experimenting with it. The only problem is that my computer is a $400 refurbished e-Machine (ergo slow as sh!t) and so the only routes I can drive are those that I build, hence the delay on SketchUp.

Rule #1 never buy refurbished computer & cause alot of problem & only last few years.

Rule #2 Buy New Dell Computer because they last longer and never have a problem i have my dell computer over 5 years now & working fine all you have to do it upgrade.

David:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everyone, sorry for the wait. I have spent the past month or so trying to figure out how to create a functional Trainz item (subway car, railcar, etc.) from Sketchup, and have at last figured out how to do it (Sketchup to kmz, kmz to dae, then MeshLab to 3ds, then into GMax and the Trainz gamepack. In another two to four weeks I should have a couple of redesigned stations and some cars for people.

Okay everyone, sorry for the wait. I have spent the past month or so trying to figure out how to create a functional Trainz item (subway car, railcar, etc.) from Sketchup, and have at last figured out how to do it (Sketchup to kmz, kmz to dae, then MeshLab to 3ds, then into GMax and the Trainz gamepack. In another two to four weeks I should have a couple of redesigned stations and some cars for people.

Ok I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long. Between AP exams and personal stuff I haven't had much time to do anything yet. Also, I have figured out the process for creating train cars for Trainz and it is incredibly long and complex. First off, I need to know if the whole single-sided thing that happens in GMax (textures applied in Sketchup only appear if they are placed on the white side of the face) will lead to purple spots in Trainz. Second, I have been looking at adding the sounds and the other things I need before release and there is a sh!tload of that to do. Finally, MeshLab keeps giving me a random error when I try to do DAE to .3ds so I can't convert anything right now.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. However, my problem is not going from .3ds files to .im files(Trainz). I have GMAX and the content creation software on my home computer. The problem is that only the $450 version of SketchUp does conversions to .3ds and I have the free version.

Not yet. I just got back on the forums after a nearly week-long hiatus. I can get Rick the R179s, the M9As, and a redrafted version of the R188s probably by Wednesday, and probably the R32/38s in one or two weeks. The R68/68As and the R40/R40Ms will take longer because those are only partially finished.

• 1 month later...

Badly backed up: I'm entering a research project in the Intel Science Talent Search and Siemens-Westinghouse competitions this fall and I've been doing research, writing the paper, and getting all my forms together for the competition. I haven't had spare time to work on this stuff in 2-3months and probably will not have any until December.

• 2 years later...

Archived