Mercedes Benz Citaro arrived in Singapore

MTAFan

I know, but why they never bought them? I think they were to expensive.

Yeah MTA definitly couldn;t afford these. Thats why they gave the contract to NovaBus

What happened to it?

That was free demo given to MTA to test out the Citaro artic. Diamler demo this bus across the North American cities to let TA test the bus and get them interest to buy the artic as soon as available in North America.

MTA was never intended to buy the Citaro artic because its does not comply to the USDOT/EPA standards and regulation. The Citaro artic has to be North Americanized modification in order to operate in condition in US streets.

The Citaro artic will be available in North America soon in another 1 to 2 years to be dubbed as Orion something artic.

Here are some photos of the citaro artic. in NYC

Citaro_demo3.jpg

here in Singapore

Citaro%20SMRT%20(1).jpg

Here the fuel cell citaro

new-citaro-f-cell-hybrid-for-service-in-hamburg-in-2010-2.jpg

a citaro in Berlin

118.JPG

A version for left-hand traffic for London

3880860360_e22132df30.jpg

And here is the next version comming soon

next-generation-mercedes-benz-citaro-3.jpgnext-generation-mercedes-benz-citaro-4.jpg?w=600next-generation-mercedes-benz-citaro-2.jpg

I have to say these Citaro RailCars and Busses have tons of sweet style and luxury. I do hope (MTA) looks into them again, :P...

You can have our first generation of citaro buses, some public transport companies could give they as a present. :(

Here are some photos of the first gen.

OX826-r500-090405-MartynBanham.jpg

or what about an old MAN bus?

n_foto_09-02_mg-0264.jpg

Or this one:eek:

f101t5947p50199n3.jpg

Archived