Diesels into Penn Station?

Robert Bosco

To add on to Trainfan, only the dual mode locos (500 series) could enter Penn Station. You only see them at Penn during rush hours. The diesels (400 series) don't go to Penn. They either end at Jamaica, or Long Island City.

But how come on those rare occurrences NJT diesels are allowed to enter,when there is not a power outage. They aren't dual mode.

But how come NJT diesels are allowed to enter? They aren't dual mode.

NJT diesels are banned from penn station.Only NJT electic locomotives are allowed to enter.Sometimes amtrak sends an P42 down to NYP.But an AEM7 has to tow it from the. Tip of tunnel to inside the station.but most the time they change lococmotives at albany.From diesel to dual mode for empire service.

But the main reason why diesels are banned from NYP and GCT. Is because theres no where for the smoke to go.

Sorry for the confusion guys I was only 5 at the time we had the diesel loco:p But for some reason I thought they went into Penn,oh well :pAls,so when the diesel locos that continue past Long Branch and don't go to Hoboken,where do they terminate?

Has to be NWK Penn.

I always wondered the same thing a few years back but now I got it.

Archived