Bee Line service changes

http://www.westchestergov.com/jtransportation/pdfs/2010_english_sum_sc_bro.pdf

4 gets a service increase, 12 gets extended to the Airport on weekends, 28 (BxM4C) takes a MAJOR cut in service.

gets extended to the airport on weekends....

Where did the 12 end at, on weekends, before the fact? I thought the short turn 12's (before they cut service north of armonk) ended at the airport....

yeah, I notice those lines for the 4 over there @ Bedford Park.... it's gettin up there w/ that for the 20/21... makes sense to increase service on that route....

funny how some months ago, the BL-20 & the BL-14 terminals were swapped in white plains (which made no sense to have extended the 14 to bloomingdales in the first place... quite honestly, I don't think any bus should terminate over there)...

now they've come to their senses & are gonna truncate the 14 at the transcenter.. that move easily shaves 5 minutes off it's already long runtime (almost 2 hours)

the 4c... I figured things were gonna go downhill for that route, once service to wall st. was discontinued.... but damn, hits you like a ton of bricks when you notice that late night weekday, all weekend service will be gone, and the span of regular weekday service will get thinner....

If it's not evident to anyone that Bee Line is looking to get rid of this service, I don't know what else to tell ya....

the 92... that's the playland route out of white plains, right.... well, iono, on the surface, it makes sense to get rid of this route... riders can take the 13 to the 76... now that summer's hittin us, they may have to start running artics on the 13, and regular 40 foot buses on the 76 (instead of those "baby buses", I call em)....

so they want to keep the 42 inside county limits during the weekday late pm hrs & saturday... I don't know about weekday PM hrs, but cutting saturday 42 service in the bronx is a mistake... those buses get packed... matter fact, last time I took the 42 out of East 233rd, I got on an artic actually (about 3 mos. ago)... has ridership declined that fast on the weekends on that route? highly doubt it....

gets extended to the airport on weekends....

Where did the 12 end at, on weekends, before the fact? I thought the short turn 12's (before they cut service north of armonk) ended at the airport....

yeah, I notice those lines for the 4 over there @ Bedford Park.... it's gettin up there w/ that for the 20/21... makes sense to increase service on that route....

funny how some months ago, the BL-20 & the BL-14 terminals were swapped in white plains (which made no sense to have extended the 14 to bloomingdales in the first place... quite honestly, I don't think any bus should terminate over there)...

now they've come to their senses & are gonna truncate the 14 at the transcenter.. that move easily shaves 5 minutes off it's already long runtime (almost 2 hours)

the 4c... I figured things were gonna go downhill for that route, once service to wall st. was discontinued.... but damn, hits you like a ton of bricks when you notice that late night weekday, all weekend service will be gone, and the span of regular weekday service will get thinner....

If it's not evident to anyone that Bee Line is looking to get rid of this service, I don't know what else to tell ya....

the 92... that's the playland route out of white plains, right.... well, iono, on the surface, it makes sense to get rid of this route... riders can take the 13 to the 76... now that summer's hittin us, they may have to start running artics on the 13, and regular 40 foot buses on the 76 (instead of those "baby buses", I call em)....

so they want to keep the 42 inside county limits during the weekday late pm hrs & saturday... I don't know about weekday PM hrs, but cutting saturday 42 service in the bronx is a mistake... those buses get packed... matter fact, last time I took the 42 out of East 233rd, I got on an artic actually (about 3 mos. ago)... has ridership declined that fast on the weekends on that route? highly doubt it....

W42 will still run to/from the Bronx, at E. 241 St, riders will have to use the (2) or Bx39 to get to 241 St.

Archived