OC Transpo ( Ottawa )

TransitStop

Thanks for the update. I lucked out and recorded 9705 prior to retirement. BTW, are these buses just being retired without replacement or are there buses on order beside the DDs?

Then again arent the DD's for replacement of the VI's?

Yet another update:

Orion VI 4029 is hanging out in the back lot of St. Laurent

9704, 9705, 9710, 9712, 9825, 9848, 9854, 9859, 9864 (all Orion V's) have been retired.

9819, 9838, 9871, 9717 are awaiting retirement.

9721-9740 our only NovaBUS LFS have been parked from service, and will be retired shortly. Reason: No A/C

70(8)70(2)70(3)70(8)

so you can 100% confirm all Orion V's are retired? even 9832,9842/3?

also for 9717 that bus had been dead at Merivale garage for a month and a half without a gps and the engine would'nt start

its too bad they are gone, i was planning on chartering one

I did not say ALL V's were retired. It says in that statement that all the buses I LISTED were Orion V's.

I know 9708 is still around with a few others. They will be inservice until the end of the summer.

There are no replacement buses for these, they are just being retired due to corrosion, lack of A/C.

The DD's will replace the VI's, originally the LFS too but they have been parked early.

70(8)70(2)70(3)70(8)

I did not say ALL V's were retired. It says in that statement that all the buses I LISTED were Orion V's.

I know 9708 is still around with a few others. They will be inservice until the end of the summer.

There are no replacement buses for these, they are just being retired due to corrosion, lack of A/C.

The DD's will replace the VI's, originally the LFS too but they have been parked early.

70(8)70(2)70(3)70(8)

ah ok my bad on my phone it appeared as if you said all orion V's when really it didnt recognize the brackets, thanks for the valuable info ;)

It's really to bad!

We were about to have a farewell charter next month B).

A mechanic from OC Transpo got me an Orion plate from the front of one of the buses, I forget the number.

I wouldn't be posting that unless he got direct permission to remove the Orion badge. If he didn't, that is classified as stealing to OC Transpo and the City of Ottawa.

• 2 weeks later...

dont worry i did get permission -_-

its a shame OC Transpo is now 100% low floor accesible, i'll really miss working on the V's they were awesome buses i remember my first day at Co-op at Merivale Garage i got to work on 9885 replacing the "drunk buzzer" as well as a radiator and filters, i got that bus 8 more times over the course of the semester.

does anyone know when exactly 9885 retired? i didnt see it even once after i left Merivale garage on June 26th

• 2 weeks later...
Ok then, before Dec. 27, most if not all V's were Pinecrest based. So 9864 would've been through Pinecrest as well.

ah ok, im interested to know when they were transfered at what points in time. but thats nearly impossible lol

ah ok, im interested to know when they were transfered at what points in time. but thats nearly impossible lol

Many of the Orion V, from my observation, were moved to Merivale Garage as I saw many of them on Merivale Trippers during the January 2011 Booking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived