Possible delays & cancelations tomorrow, weds july 7 2010.

metsfan

AM commute on Wed., July 7, NJ TRANSIT rail service may be subject to delays/cancellations due to weather-related equipment problems. See njtransit.com for info

Sent: 9:06 PM

=====================================

Ut oh. I'm guessing the arrows and toasters are not doing well.

- A

Pablo is correct, however it's affecting M&E lines as well, partially due to the MidTown direct service, but also because of the inability of power supply transformers to shed heat. To that effect here is an update........

UPDATED: Rail Service Information for Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Issued: July 07, 2010

Due to equipment problems related to the extreme heat, NJ TRANSIT is advising rail customers to expect delays and cancelations during the morning commute of Wednesday, July 7, 2010.

The following is a list of train cancelations as of 7:00 a.m.:

Northeast Corridor train 3809, the 4:17 a.m. departure from New York. (Passengers to train 3811, departing New York at 4:51 a.m.)

North Jersey Coast Line train 3500, the 6:27 a.m. departure from South Amboy. (Passengers to train 3212, which will make local stops at approximately the same time.)

North Jersey Coast Line train 3503, the 5:51 a.m. departure from New York. (Passengers to train 3217, departing New York at 6:21 a.m.)

North Jersey Coast Line train 3502, the 7:08 a.m. departure from South Amboy. (Passengers may use train 3218, which will hold in South Amboy for 5 minutes to operate on 3502's schedule.)

Northeast Corridor train 3910, the 5:05 a.m. departure from Trenton. (Passengers to train 3810, which will now depart Trenton at 5:05 a.m. and make local stops.)

Morris & Essex Line train 6307, the 6:47 a.m. departure from New York. (Passengers to train 6607, departing New York at 7:07 a.m.)

Morris & Essex Line train 6318, the 8:05 a.m. departure from Maplewood. (Passengers to train 6620 approximately 10 minutes later and will add a Brick Church stop.) Expect crowding.

Morris & Essex train 6343, the 4:43 p.m. departure from New York. (Passengers to train 6643, departing New York at 4:50 p.m. and making all local stops.)

North Jersey Coast Line train 3441, the 6:52 p.m. departure from new York. (Passengers to train 3279, departing New York at 7:08 p.m. and making all local stops.)

In addition:

Morris & Essex Line train 6324, the 8:53 a.m. departure from Summit, will operate with diesel equipment this morning. Customers traveling to New York should transfer at Newark Broad Street for continuing service.

Morris & Essex Line train 6328, the 9:43 a.m. departure from Summit, will operate with diesel equipment this morning. Customers traveling to New York should transfer at Newark Broad Street for continuing service.

To accommodate customers affected by train cancellations, certain express trains will make local stops. As a result, these trains will arrive at their destination 10-20 minutes later than scheduled.

While we will do everything possible to minimize further delays and inconvenience, customers are strongly encouraged to check njtransit.com for the latest service information before starting their trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to hoboken to check out the mix of equipment, i just hope HBLR is running properly!

- A

Hmm, I wonder if :septa: has anything up?......

I am guessing they will try to keep the older equipment, if they use any at all today, on a airport-doylestown, airport-warminster, airport-west trenton type route to minimize disruptions to other service if equipment does act up. No alerts have been issued.

- A

All seems normal when I walked outside for a little bit.

I got 4138 on a somewhat long-ish train, all most missed it, mistaking it for a F40 at first glance because it was way down there off the end of the platform.

Other than that, it seemed normal, aside from the lack of electric push-puls, i think they may have parked those at MMC.

- A

Archived