New Division Assignments As Of June 27, 2010

There appears to be a new, simplified Division Assignment more based on the original B.M.T. and IND. as of June 27th as compared with the original Division Assignments (B.M.T.; IND.; B.M.T./IND.) from August 30, 2009 to June 26th:

June 27, 2010

B.M.T.

(:P

(J)/(Z)

(L)

(M)

(N)

(Q)

(R)

(S) Franklin Avenue

IND.

(A)

(C)

(D)

(E)

(F)

(G)

(S) Rockaway Park (H)

Source Of Division Assignments: http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2010-06-27.html

August 30, 2009-June 26, 2010

B.M.T.

(:P

(D)

(N)

(Q)

(S) Franklin Avenue

(W)

IND.

(E)

(F)

(G)

(R)

(V)

B.M.T./IND.

(A)

(C)

(J)/(Z)

(L)

(M)

(S) Rockaway Park (H)

Source Of Division Assignments: http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2009-08-30a.html

I like the new Division Assignment format. I know the original format made for three approximately equal groups (two of six, one of five), but when I think of B.M.T.-IND. routes, it's the (B)(D)(R) and now new (M).

To me, the (A)(C)(H) always were IND. and (J)/(Z) (L) old (Mx) always were B.M.T.

The supervisors, as of this recent pick of theirs, are already reorganized like that. I was wondering when or if it would spread to the crews. So that I could still have the (M) on weekdays, and not be limited to 4 trip (J)'s, 3 trip ©'s, the (A) (too long), (M) shuttle (OPTO) or (L) (CBTC/ATO) on Saturdays. I could go back to the (N) or (Q) just for that day, as well as the holidays.

Is he sure the (:P is still BMT and not IND? I had heard it would be an even split from A-H, J-S.

Also, you left the .com out of the link for the most recent assignment, so it doesn't work.

http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2010-06-27.html

It would be the yard; not the line it runs on. But then, the (R) is Jamaica, so that's not consistent. The (B) is one of those lines, like the (D) and now the (M), that is a merger of the BMT and IND. (Which made it ridiculous that they would rename the "North" section "BMT/IND", and Queens just "IND"). So since the (B) is IND on the other end, that should be enough.

Or perhaps they should just base it out of Concourse.

I think that plus the (B)'s run on the Brighton Line in Brooklyn.

Thank you for catching that. I was able to edit my post and fix the link so that it should work.

It's based on the yard. Coney Island and ENY is BMT while Jamaica and Concourse are listed as IND. The (F) and (D) runs on BMT trackage but it doesn't make them BMT. Similarly, the (R) runs through mostly BMT trackage, especially in Manhattan and Brooklyn, yet it's listed as IND because it comes from Jamaica.

Ah, but the (D), like the (B) in Brooklyn, is B.M.T. I think the Culver Line lost B.M.T. status when the original IND. line at Church Avenue was connected to it at Ditmas Avenue on October 30, 1954 and the original Culver Line between 36th Street and Ditmas Avenue was turned into a shuttle between Ninth Avenue (Lower Level) and Ditmas Avenue (outside shuttle platform).

IIRC, the (D) and (B) make the switch either after leaving Grand Street or on entering Brooklyn after crossing the Manny B

Archived