NTSB finding in dc metro crash call for more federal oversight

Kamen Rider

I think this is something that many of us knew. Jeanice McMillian was not at fault. Faulty track circuits were to blame.

In other news, Kawasaki can now begin building the 7000-series railcars as WMATA has received a pre-award letter from the FTA.

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4580

The first quad set should be ready to go by the end of 2013 for 6 months of testing. The Rohr cars should be phased out by 2014.

Ha! Unlike the WMATA, the New York City Subway system maintains infrastructure and fleet a dozen times better to avoid catastrophes like the WMATA did. I'm still LOLing at that incident...one of their subway cars went airborne.

WMATA = We Make Mass Transit Atrocious!!!

Ha! Unlike the WMATA, the New York City Subway system maintains infrastructure and fleet a dozen times better to avoid catastrophes like the WMATA did. I'm still LOLing at that incident...one of their subway cars went airborne.

WMATA = We Make Mass Transit Atrocious!!!

You find the death of 9 people humorous? I'll admit, the safety culture at Metro has been pretty bad; that kind of culture is why the accident probably transpired, but it doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. I fail to see the humor in the accident. To each his own, I guess.

The system isn't "atrocious" either. I think you allowed that rat picture to get you butt sore. Get over it.

You find the death of 9 people humorous? I'll admit, the safety culture at Metro has been pretty bad; that kind of culture is why the accident probably transpired, but it doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. I fail to see the humor in the accident. To each his own, I guess.

The system isn't "atrocious" either. I think you allowed that rat picture to get you butt sore. Get over it.

I didn't mean it like that...the only reason I came on to the WMATA like that was because there used to be a poster (who will remain nameless) who'd always preach about the WMATA's superiorness to the New York City Subway system when it wasn't a fair comparison. He failed to comprehend the fact that our system is not only older (the oldest dates back to 1885), but is larger than the WMATA. We have more ground to cover to keep our system from crumbling...and we're doing a good job at it too. We haven't had any major accidents in the past few decades...the last one being the Union Square Wreck...that was a wake up call, and as much as timers may suck, they do help in a way to prevent freak accidents like happening again.

Yeah we may have a rat problem...I do believe that the MTA is aware of this but it's up to the people to help keep it clean. But banning food in the subway won't be a step in the right direction either.

Archived