Question about paper transfers

Joel Up Front

• 2 weeks later...
I never got why LIB transfers had four-digit route numbers on the back.

On an N32 an hour ago, I asked for another transfer and when I looked on the back, the route number was 3203. What do the last two numbers mean?

the last two numbers is you destination ... some have a different starting point.. or end point.. so the last two numbers will be different..

for instance

the N6 0601 = jam

0603 = hempstead

N24 2427 = Jam

2425 = roosevelt field

2428 = jam

Wonder why the N24 would use 27 and 28 for Jamaica runs.

One day I should just get on an N22 or 24 at Roosevelt Field and go to 165th. I don't know why. Maybe I should get a camera and record it...

thats easy.

2427 starts at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd

2428 starts at roosevelt field...

the last two digits is where the bus might start and end...

what do you want to know about it?

Why they started with that.

I remember seeing signs and advisories for it on the LIB page in the spring, but I never knew why they even implemented it. When I'm on an N16 (and I have learned that waiting for the next N16 is sadly faster than getting on the first one I see, because it's always the same operator behind the wheel that overpacks the bus, #1, and #2, holds it at two of the busiest stops it serves for a good 5 minutes), the first thing I see when the bus drives onto that apron is a giant "N24 LAYOVER" sign.

Why they started with that.

I remember seeing signs and advisories for it on the LIB page in the spring, but I never knew why they even implemented it. When I'm on an N16 (and I have learned that waiting for the next N16 is sadly faster than getting on the first one I see, because it's always the same operator behind the wheel that overpacks the bus, #1, and #2, holds it at two of the busiest stops it serves for a good 5 minutes), the first thing I see when the bus drives onto that apron is a giant "N24 LAYOVER" sign.

i guess they didnt like having the drivers having there lunch at MF depot which everyone did because the last stop was the one in front of the depot. so everyone would eat at the depot. which makes the best sense.

so now you have to eat at DSS. which to me does not make sense since you have everyone watching you and waiting for you. and there really aint lots of room in that turn around to have buses sitting.

i disagree with that change

Archived