Just A Small Reminder Tonight - Fall Back

EE Broadway Local

When are we going to be done with this stupidity already?

AGreed. I hate how dark it gets so early. If anything the clocks should've been moved up an hour so it doesn't get so dark so soon. I mean this isn't about the farmers anymore. So the excuses 'they' have fed us over the years is a bunch of bs. Either they should switch the way the clocks are changed or just leave things as is.

It is a total waste to have the mornings so much brighter. It should be darker in the morning and brighter at night.

One hour of extra sleep... I approve this. :cool:

But you lose that hour in the spring. So you are just borrowing an hour. It really isn't worth it plus all this hassle in changing every clock/cameras/etc.

Also about the whole fire alarm checks, why not announce that during thanksgiving? I mean cooking the turkeys has to set off a bunch of alarms anyway, that would make sense to change the batteries then. Changing them cuz you are winding back the clocks shouldn't be a reason.

=

Laptops, cable boxes, ipods are at least some things that adjusts themselves

AGreed. I hate how dark it gets so early. If anything the clocks should've been moved up an hour so it doesn't get so dark so soon. I mean this isn't about the farmers anymore. So the excuses 'they' have fed us over the years is a bunch of bs. Either they should switch the way the clocks are changed or just leave things as is.

It is a total waste to have the mornings so much brighter. It should be darker in the morning and brighter at night.

I wish it was Cold and Dark Early AM and Early PM but thank (G)od this aint Alaska .....Tooo much Daylight ,I would have A prob sleeping

computer, cell, cable box, iphone, ipod, ps3 all changed themselves. I still woke up early around 4-5 am because I'm so used to waking up at 1 - 2am...

That's weird as my phone was an hour behind last year and i had to turn it off and back on...I don't know this year since i turned my phone off last night but that was the pattern as far as i know.

I wish it was Cold and Dark Early AM and Early PM but thank (G)od this aint Alaska .....Tooo much Daylight ,I would have A prob sleeping

Yeah Alaska is crazy where it could be day all day or night all day.

I like walking out at 7pm and there being some light outside. Once it's all dark [not saying my nab is terrible], I would prefer not to go out at all. That's why I wished there was more light later than earlier. Plus I'm more a night person. I don't want to go out like 10am and the sun is as bright as it would be at noon.

It is a total waste to have the mornings so much brighter. It should be darker in the morning and brighter at night....

Didn't Ben Franklin start this thing anyway (my history is kinda fuzzy)

Where was the Party at ....(F)resh Pond Depot:p

Ironically, in Queens Village B)

Not sure, but I think the concept was based on his 'early to bed, early to rise' philosophy. I think they started to adopt it around world war one or earlier. Either way I hate it and think they should just leave things alone or do things in reverse by having the clock set ahead an hour so the sun would set at around 7pm than after 5pm.

Archived