Bus destination sign questions

Joel Up Front

I noticed Luminator Horizon signs out on LI have a slightly more detailed sign..

A good example of this is the N4. To Jamaica, it'll flash "N4 Jamaica Parsons-Archer Via Merrick Rd" but before, even after the O7 NG CNGs were delivered in 2009, it read "N4 JAMAICA" and would stay on that.

And in the city, I notice most signs simply leave off the Av/Blvd/St... have they not reprogrammed them all or have they always been like that?

I noticed Luminator Horizon signs out on LI have a slightly more detailed sign..

A good example of this is the N4. To Jamaica, it'll flash "N4 Jamaica Parsons-Archer Via Merrick Rd" but before, even after the O7 NG CNGs were delivered in 2009, it read "N4 JAMAICA" and would stay on that.

And in the city, I notice most signs simply leave off the Av/Blvd/St... have they not reprogrammed them all or have they always been like that?

The NYCT signs leave off the Av/St/Bl. The MTA Bus and Long Island signs have them

The NYCT signs leave off the Av/St/Bl. The MTA Bus and Long Island signs have them

That applies to older readings they haven't bothered to change. The Q56 displays "via JAMAICA AV", and the B44 displays "via NOSTRAND AV" to name a couple of examples.

"B43 LEFFERTS GARDENS - PROSPECT PARK STA" is a good example of a detailed NYCT sign.

That applies to older readings they haven't bothered to change. The Q56 displays "via JAMAICA AV", and the B44 displays "via NOSTRAND AV" to name a couple of examples.

"B43 LEFFERTS GARDENS - PROSPECT PARK STA" is a good example of a detailed NYCT sign.

It also depends on what kind of bus it is. If you look closely, most signs are detailed on buses with the LED destination signs then their flipdot counterparts...here's some examples...

Flipdot destination signs

RIDGEWD TERM

via HALSEY

DNTWN BKLYN

TILLARY ST

BWAY JCT

ALABAMA AV

via FULTON

LEFFERTS GDNS

PROSPECT PK

KINGS PLZ

via FLATBSH

LED destination signs

RIDGEWOOD TERM

via HALSEY

DOWNTOWN BKLYN

TILLARY ST

BROADWAY JCT

ALABAMA AV

via FULTON

KINGS PLAZA

via FLATBUSH AV

Agreed with what Fresh Pond said. Here are more that I noticed.

Flipdot:

Bx3 Washngtn Hts

G W Bridge

Bx4 Westchr Sq

via Westchr Sq

Bx36 Washtn Ht

G W Bridge

Bx36 Limited

Washntn Hts

GW Bridge

Bx39 Wakefield

241 St