Express Bus Service 24 hrs - Staten Island

Via Garibaldi 8

The X22 used to go via NJ in the AM rush and via the FDR Drive and SIE in the PM rush, so it is possible.

When the X30 does that, it has to suck for the people on the western end of the X30. I would imagine that everybody west of Manor Road would try to use the X14, X10, X12/X42, or X17J, depending on where they live.

By the way, how does everybody know when the X30 will be doing these reroutes. It doesn't matter so much in the PM, but in the AM, it is important to know how much time to leave so you're not late for work.

I usually just listen to NY1 in the morning and if there are heavy delays by the Lincoln Tunnel, I will use the X14 or take car service to the X12. The last few mornings I've been lazy and have been using the X1 and X2 to get in since traffic has been so bad in NJ and those lines offer very frequent service during the times when I leave later.

The X30 is more convenient for me because I have to walk less, but it can be slower during the evenings depending on the time of year traffic wise, so I switch back and forth with the X14.

When we did the detour last week coming home, the driver didn't make any announcements, so some people were puzzled especially since they don't see areas like Sunnyside, Randall Manor, West Brighton, etc. daily like I do, but I already knew where he was going from previous experiences. I have to say it felt great to be the 2nd or 3rd person off of the bus. I got in almost at my usual time, even with a stop along the way. lol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived