Question/Issue

+Young+

At around 8:30 AM on Monday 11/29, at Union Tpke and 189 St (give/take a couple of blocks), a man fell down on the sidewalk. A kind bus driver, pulled over to the side of the road, helped the man up, and took off. The man who fell doesn't recall the bus #, if it had passengers in it or not, nor if the color was blue/white, blue/gray or another color (maybe vintage??), he just remembers it was an MTA bus.

My question is: The man's wife (who told me about all of this) wants to try to reach out to say "thanks", however she is afraid that if she does, the good samaritan bus driver will get in trouble (since he may have had passengers).

Should the wife keep silent or reach out to say thanks (w/o getting the B/O in trouble)?

In DOB training in 2006, I was told that is what MTA wants you to do, passengers or not. Reason being, you are a public employee. Make sure you secure the bus, and farebox first. If you don't want to get off, just call your command. Most drivers wouldn't do it, cause of all the stupid responses you will get from command, and stupid questions from others........

Archived