Power Failure

Broadway Local

This is exactly what it said on http://www.mta.info today:

Due to power failure at the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station, there is no (A)shuttle train service in both directions between the Broad Channel Station and the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to take the Q21 bus at this time.

This is part of the reason the R160's are not regular visitors to this section. It is fed off of a former LIRR layout for when electric trains served a much longer version of this line that went out to both ends of the peninsula in 2 directions both via broad channel & via the mainland at far rockaway.

- A

I guess something happened to the third rail and maybe station too so that is why they are suspending service.

No, power out their is supplied by LIPA and when power for the homes goes out, so does power for the subway. This is a problem in service delivery, it's not the same as the problem that keeps R160s from operating out there as a fleet. I think I have explained this several times before.

No, power out their is supplied by LIPA and when power for the homes goes out, so does power for the subway. This is a problem in service delivery, it's not the same as the problem that keeps R160s from operating out there as a fleet. I think I have explained this several times before.

With him, explaining it "several times" is never enough.

Archived