A Small Question About Junius Street (3)

EE Broadway Local

Just curiosity: Why is there no entrance/exit to the (3) at Junius Street itself? The entrance/exit actually is on Livonia between Sackman and Powell Streets.

Also, Livonia doesn't run between Junius and Van Sinderen, Livonia at Van Sinderen being the plaza for the headhouse and entrance/exit to the (L)'s Livonia Avenue station.

I dont get why they just dont make a transfer between the 2 lines. I noted that the staircase exit from the (3) is very close to the staricase exit on the (L). Why don't they just build a transfer?-

b/c thats out of fare zone. They are going to need a new headhouse below sharing with the (3)(L), paying the fare, then going up one of those staircases to go to one of those lines.

I actually have to go back there to see if the (3)(L) could have a transfer w/o moving the headhouse.

Just curiosity: Why is there no entrance/exit to the (3) at Junius Street itself? The entrance/exit actually is on Livonia between Sackman and Powell Streets.

Also, Livonia doesn't run between Junius and Van Sinderen, Livonia at Van Sinderen being the plaza for the headhouse and entrance/exit to the (L)'s Livonia Avenue station.

There used to be an exit at Junius St and Livonia Ave but it was removed many years ago. If you check the s/b platform the staircase was (approximately) where the flyover to Linden Yard is now. The platform was cut and shortened to make room for the flyover. From the s/b platform you can look at the n/b side and see the original length of the station before the cut job. The n/b platform has a fence blocking off the full length of the station. As for the bridge over the Bay Ridge branch RR tracks connecting the Canarsie and Livonia lines stations it used to be notorious for muggings and pocketbook snatchings so most law abiding neighborhood residents avoided it, especially after dark. I remember the Guardian Angels were the only ones providing constant security on the bridge and surroundings at night. You very rarely saw a police presence at that location, NYPD or Transit Police.

I dont get why they just dont make a transfer between the 2 lines. I noted that the staircase exit from the (3) is very close to the staricase exit on the (L). Why don't they just build a transfer?-

b/c thats out of fare zone. They are going to need a new headhouse below sharing with the (3)(L), paying the fare, then going up one of those staircases to go to one of those lines.

I actually have to go back there to see if the (3)(L) could have a transfer w/o moving the headhouse.

Simple; not a whole lot of people seem to want a free transfer b/t the 2 stations, and if there are, they're not vocal enough about it.

Archived