Question about bus route 113 and 114 stopping at North Cargo Area of EWR

soyintocable

I work for a cargo airline off of Brewster Rd in the North Cargo Area in EWR.

I used to use route 107 to go back to NYC at night but it did not run on schedule. Now I see that route numbers 113 and 114 have been added to the bus stop sign where the GO28 and route 37 bus terminate.

I have checked the NJ website and google for more info but found nothing.

Just asking if someone here has heard this will happen and what will be the schedule for route 113 and 114 stopping at the North Cargo Area.

Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...

I usually take the 114X (express) and the express bus never has stopped at the airport. However, on occasion when I have taken the 114 local, the bus sometimes has gone to the airport area to switch drivers. However, I cant explain why a bus stop sign would list the 114 unless its there to help the driver to find the proper transfer point, but that is just a guess on my part

Thank you for the infomation.

Unfortunatly my airline is leaving EWR at the end of April and so is my job. I had been using the NJ TRANSIT trains from NY Penn station to get to the airline until now. (They are OK. Its the EWR Monorail to stops working often)

I usually take the 114X (express) and the express bus never has stopped at the airport. However, on occasion when I have taken the 114 local, the bus sometimes has gone to the airport area to switch drivers. However, I cant explain why a bus stop sign would list the 114 unless its there to help the driver to find the proper transfer point, but that is just a guess on my part

One question: Is there any easy way for a traveler to get to the cargo area from the passenger terminals?

It would be nice if there could be an NJT route going from EWR to Manhattan. It might be illegal, though, since a private carrier already operates that route for $15 (I would imagine it gets decent ridership, since it competes price-wise with the AirTrain->NJT commuter rail option)

I wonder why both the JFK AirTrain and EWR AirTrain are so expensive. Maybe it is because they feel the passengers have money and don't mind paying $5 for a trip.

from the webpage below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Jersey_Transit_bus_routes_(300%E2%80%93399)

The old NJ TRANSIT 300 did the North and terminals A, B and C route then they sold it to Olympia Trails.

It is easy to get from terminal A, B and C to the cargo area in the north. The airport shuttle bus to Long Term Lot P6 passes by the bus stop there. Just ask the driver to drop you off there or at the offical bus stop a block before and walk to it.

The other option is the GO28 and route 37 lines that actually end in the North Cargo area. They cost a one zone trip of $1.50. Tell the driver you are connecting to the route 107 bus to New York City. Sometimes he/she will wave the fare. Some time not. Then try to buy a combination ticket for the GO28/37 route and the route 107 to new York city. Should be one zone fare above an interstate Zone 4 fare of $5.50. ($6.25 or so?)

At this stop in the north cargo area, it appears route 113 and 114 sometimes stops to change drivers before they continue non-stop to the Port Authory Bus Station at 42 st and 8th. Avenue.

Also, there is route 107 that stops on the outer roadway bus stop. during the day it runs by every 60-80 minutes. Late at night (after 11PM), runs every 30-40 minutes. This is an interstate Zone 4 fare of $5.50

Just ask the driver if he is heading to New York City as the southboand 107 bus stops at the same place and the driver sometimes still have the "TO NEW YORK PENN" sign still on the overhead.

Hope this helped. Ask if you need more info.

from the webpage below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Jersey_Transit_bus_routes_(300%E2%80%93399)

The old NJ TRANSIT 300 did the North and terminals A, B and C route then they sold it to Olympia Trails.

It is easy to get from terminal A, B and C to the cargo area in the north. The airport shuttle bus to Long Term Lot P6 passes by the bus stop there. Just ask the driver to drop you off there or at the offical bus stop a block before and walk to it.

The other option is the GO28 and route 37 lines that actually end in the North Cargo area. They cost a one zone trip of $1.50. Tell the driver you are connecting to the route 107 bus to New York City. Sometimes he/she will wave the fare. Some time not. Then try to buy a combination ticket for the GO28/37 route and the route 107 to new York city. Should be one zone fare above an interstate Zone 4 fare of $5.50. ($6.25 or so?)

At this stop in the north cargo area, it appears route 113 and 114 sometimes stops to change drivers before they continue non-stop to the Port Authory Bus Station at 42 st and 8th. Avenue.

Also, there is route 107 that stops on the outer roadway bus stop. during the day it runs by every 60-80 minutes. Late at night (after 11PM), runs every 30-40 minutes. This is an interstate Zone 4 fare of $5.50

Just ask the driver if he is heading to New York City as the southboand 107 bus stops at the same place and the driver sometimes still have the "TO NEW YORK PENN" sign still on the overhead.

Hope this helped. Ask if you need more info.

why was 300 sold to olympia???

No idea why but here is some history.

In the 1980's, People's Express airlines started flying out of EWR at the old North terminal. (It was a ground level building where you walked on the ramp from the terminal door to the staircase at the aircraft's entry door.)

They had cheap fares to lots of cities directly. Lots of people looking for a cheap fare from New York City took the old NJ Tranist 300 route to get to the North terminal and fly out. The buses operated every 5-10 minutes full

In 1987, they did hard times and where boughtout by Texas intl. Airways and merged into Continential airlines. They also moved the whole operation to terminal C.

The low fares were gone and so where the large number of riders from new York City.

The olympia trails bus stops at the (traffic) end of the bus lane at terminal C.

To get to manhattan on NJT bus you must ride to newark penn and transfer to one that goes to PABT from newark penn, the other option is to ride the go 28 to newark broad street and then 5 dollars gets you to new york penn on the train (midtown direct).

- A

I do not ride the 107 home at night too often, but a few fellow passenger said they heard the North Area Cargo bus stop where the GO28 and route 37 stop (and where 113 & 114 sign is also posted) will be re-built as a bus terminal soon.

If you want fotos of it as it looks now, come by and take them.

I do not ride the 107 home at night too often, but a few fellow passenger said they heard the North Area Cargo bus stop where the GO28 and route 37 stop (and where 113 & 114 sign is also posted) will be re-built as a bus terminal soon.

If you want fotos of it as it looks now, come by and take them.

THANK GOD!!!!! I had a feeling they were gonna do that. At the service cut meetings I suggested many new long distance rtes formed from merged routes have a transfer point somewhere at newark airport I had a feeling they were already doing it

Archived