No Suffolk Transit Service

mac5689

Due to Winter Storm Conditions...

Suffolk County Transit (SCT) bus service and SCAT services

will NOT operate Wednesday, January 12th.

Suffolk County Transit (SCT) bus service and SCAT services

will re-open tomorrow, Thursday, January 13th

for normal scheduled service.

Please continue to monitor our website

or call

SCT Bus Information at 631.852.5200

for update information.

http://www.sct-bus.org/

It was added to the second page a little while after i made the post lol.

They had an alert on the website during the Blizzard stating that service would start at noon, and that only two routes were not running, and two had been running all day.

I believe they did this to make the system more rider friendly.

It was added to the second page a little while after i made the post lol.

They had an alert on the website during the Blizzard stating that service would start at noon, and that only two routes were not running, and two had been running all day.

I believe they did this to make the system more rider friendly.

With 2 feet of snow in most of Eastern LI, it's not a surprise that they choose to suspend bus service today.

I've noticed that although most of the main roads in parts of Suffolk have been plowed there is a lot of slush and ice on the roads. Some of it are remains from the blizzard of 2 weeks ago. I also noticed that, in the town of Islip at least, they don't use salt or chemicals on their roads. I haven't even seen sand so you can imagine what the traction is like on those roads. How are the main roads in Nassau or NYC ? Are they all treated with something ?

With 2 feet of snow in most of Eastern LI, it's not a surprise that they choose to suspend bus service today.

They suspended service because of road conditions not because of how much snow there was.

As Steve Levy said, 'if they had taken them to work, they would have to take them back home' (if they operated and had riders that went to work, they would at some point need the buses to go home) And they didn't want to take a chance on having the road conditions be worse in the evening then in the morning.

Also more snow fell in the Central and Northen part of Suffolk County then in Eastern LI during the last storm. (it is my opionion that the east end didn't have clsoe to 2 feet of snow, maybe half a foot to a foot, but i doubt 2 feet. But like i said its my opionion)

Archived