Choppy Frame Rates in TS2010

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with frame-rates while using TS2010 on my new laptop. No matter what cars I use on my subway route, I get a stuttering effect.

Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Gateway

Model: NV53A

Processor: AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor 2.40 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Windows 7

As for my graphics card:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Total available graphics memory: 1917 mb

Dedicated video memory: 256 mb

System video memory: 0 mb

Shared system memory: 1661 mb

So can anyone help me figure out what's up? And should I continue to tryy and use TS2010 or just revert back to 2006? :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks guys!

Trainz requires a good computer to run it at 100%. Best thing you can do it play with the gameplay sliders down. Running trainz on a laptop is asking for too much. Trainz needs to be ran on a desktop. There maybe laptops out there that can handle it, but it needs to be ran on a desktop.

I never ran into a problem with bad framerates with 2010 and I've been using the same laptop since 2006 running Trainz Classics & 06 combined with other games installed such as Ship Simulator and much more.Recently I cleaned out my computer meaning freshly started and all I have is TS2010 as a dominant force and the other game I have is BVE/OPENBVE.But I suppose you're using compatibility mode to get the subway cars working so something must be wrong.But the trainzoptions file is key really to customize your options.But later I'll show you mines.

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with frame-rates while using TS2010 on my new laptop. No matter what cars I use on my subway route, I get a stuttering effect.

Here are my specs:

Manufacturer: Gateway

Model: NV53A

Processor: AMD Turion II P540 Dual-Core Processor 2.40 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Windows 7

As for my graphics card:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Total available graphics memory: 1917 mb

Dedicated video memory: 256 mb

System video memory: 0 mb

Shared system memory: 1661 mb

So can anyone help me figure out what's up? And should I continue to tryy and use TS2010 or just revert back to 2006? :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks guys!

Yay! He has an NV!

Shoot...it's the 53A Series. A friend of mines has this model and has graphics issues as well.

I haven't tried it on my NV yet, and it's the newer NV73A series, but I do know some of the specs for Trainz. Go to Google and type in: cyri. The first result should be Can You Run It? Install the System Requirements Lab addon and check to see if you meet the minimum requirements to run Trainz(if you ger a ? question mark it means that Trainz was not designed for Windows Vista/7 and it is unsure if it will run on these OS's. Ignore this). Hope this helps.

It says that I surpass all of the reccommended requirements for TRS 2006 and TS 2009. Still getting mild choppiness when running my NYC subway route in '10.

Btw, to answer a posted reply, I am running it in Native mode and all of Magicland's cars work. I had a friend tweak the files for me so I wouldn't have to use compatibility mode.

Which would be better--continuing to run TS2010, stick with 2006 or get 2009?

-A :cool:

Btw, to answer a posted reply, I am running it in Native mode and all of Magicland's cars work. I had a friend tweak the files for me so I wouldn't have to use compatibility mode.

Which would be better--continuing to run TS2010, stick with 2006 or get 2009?

Good its easy just convert PM to IM or vice-versa.Run 2010.TRS09 is TRS04,06 and Classics Combined.Trainz 2010 is mixed routes from 04-09.

Finally, my new laptop and TRS 2006 are working together as a team. I had this weird problem with the Driver mode where the bottom-most bar wouldn't show up and then when I'd re-start the game, "Trainz Exchange" was missing from the main menu. And then...if things couldn't get any worse, my imported NYC subway route was showing "error no map selected". Then, after re-starting the game again, I got an asset warning in Spanish. Luckily I speak it, so I understood...but wow. Is that some kind of record for most problems with Trainz in one sitting.....after about five re-installs? :mad::mad::cry::cry:

The SP1 patch I had was corrupt, so I had to download a new one. Anywho, I'm running TRS 2006 Build 3092 and everything is peachy. Finally I can resume progress into Brooklyn, Uptown and Queens. More pics this weekend! :tup:

Thanks to BStyles for his help! :cool:

Archived