Locations accessible by local in only one direction

aemoreira81

Some of these are understandable (such as the B103 in Kensington), but some others boggle the mind, such as the N20. Can someone tell me why there is no street stop eastbound for NYiT and St. Francis Hospital? There is a westbound stop, but if you have to ride on to CW Post, you just miss the westbound bus to double back.

I know that there are no other street stops in Oyster Bay town on the N20 except in Hicksville, but why a stop in one direction only?

Some of these are understandable (such as the B103 in Kensington), but some others boggle the mind, such as the N20. Can someone tell me why there is no street stop eastbound for NYiT and St. Francis Hospital? There is a westbound stop, but if you have to ride on to CW Post, you just miss the westbound bus to double back.

I know that there are no other street stops in Oyster Bay town on the N20 except in Hicksville, but why a stop in one direction only?

Great observation. This is definitely a good question!

Because those relatively well-off places up north would rather see buses and their riders burn than have them make more stops in their "sacred" towns. That's a good 6-8 mile stretch EACH between C.W. Post, NYiT, and SUNY Old Westbury, so bus operators can fly. Students that can afford to go there drive or dorm, anyway.

Because those relatively well-off places up north would rather see buses and their riders burn than have them make more stops in their "sacred" towns. That's a good 6-8 mile stretch EACH between C.W. Post, NYiT, and SUNY Old Westbury, so bus operators can fly. Students that can afford to go there drive or dorm, anyway.

But what is there in that area? A whole lot of nothing, except at the intersection of Cedar Swamp Road and North Hempstead Turnpike.

Here is an NJT one: If you were going to Teaneck Road and Route 4 from New York and points east, you can take the 175 there for a 2 zone trip. However, if you want to take the 175 back, you have to pay for a 3 zone trip since the 175 does not stop on the Route 4 overpass.

Archived