Two Small Question About "Odd" I.R.T. Route Numbers On Roll Signs

EE Broadway Local

Guest lance25

The (2) is running express along the White Plains Road line occasionally due to ongoing construction which will last until later this year.

Alternatively, it could also be because there's a delay on the line, forcing one or more trains to run express to keep the line moving.

The (2) is running express along the White Plains Road line occasionally due to ongoing construction which will last until later this year.

Alternatively, it could also be because there's a delay on the line, forcing one or more trains to run express to keep the line moving.

Both the (2) and (5) have Bronx Local and Bronx Express programs built in. If there is a delay on the local tracks and trains are scheduled to make local stops the C/Rs will frequently use the program that's set up already and scroll through the screen and highlight "skip" for each stop that will be bypassed. If there is a G.O. in effect the C/R will set up the Bronx Express program at the leaving terminal so time won't be wasted enroute. I've never seen a diamond (2) sign , if that's what's being implied. It's been 5 months since I've looked at a TOD and anything can change in RTO though.

The <5> was restored last September after being retired in May 2005?

Are Nereid Avenue-East 238th Street (5) trains again using the diamond or is it map/schedule only this time?

The Nereid Avenue-238th Street (5) trains and using the circle...the diamonds have been eliminated since 2005 except for on the <6> and <7>. To be honest its really dumb of (MTA) to get rid of the <5>. It made it so much easier to understand from a regular (5)!

Tourists would get confused with the diamond sign like the <6>. That is why the (MTA) did that.

How would they get confused? The entire Lexington Avenue Line is NTT has automated announcements. I don't how anyone can get confused b/w a diamond and a circle. Plus the tourist are always confused.....with or w/o diamond. You don't know how many times I have to help them b/c they got on the wrong train or can't figure out which train to get on to their destination(s)!

Archived