Artic Bus in Queens

jimbob60

On Wednesday afternoon around 5PM I saw an empty artic bus (#5502 IIRC) getting on the Manhattan Bound LIE near Queens/Woodhaven Blvd. Does anyone know why this bus was in Queens or where it was going? If to Manhattan, are artics allowed in the Midtown tunnel?

On Wednesday afternoon around 5PM I saw an empty artic bus (#5502 IIRC) getting on the Manhattan Bound LIE near Queens/Woodhaven Blvd. Does anyone know why this bus was in Queens or where it was going? If to Manhattan, are artics allowed in the Midtown tunnel?

Was is west of the BQE?

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26726

It was Esst of the BQE. I was driving eastbound and saw the bus heading westbound in the outside lanes of the LIE in such a way that implied the bus had traveled North along Woodhaven Blvd and that got on the LIE just before Queens Blvd.

Interesting. Depending on where it was at, it could have been coming from Grand Ave. Doesnt sound like SI though, as it would have likely been west of the BQE. But it could have been. It was likely headed back to Kingsbridge if it was in fact 5502. I dont know for sure though.

Archived