The so-called "switch problem"?

Buddy

Yesterday around 1230p, I was on a uptown (D) train. After leaving 7Av/53St, it stopped at the 59St/Columbus Station, but turned out to be on the local track. The conductor announced that "this is a express train, the next stop will be 125th." After leaving 59St, the train was switched again to the express track.

How can this happen? Was it caused by a switch problem before entering the 59St?

PS: There were workers walking in the uptown tunnel between 86st and 96st stations.

It could have been many reasons in my opionion

A. Tower Messed up on the switch

B. I see A trains on the local tracks a lot then switch over to the express tracks because there is a (D) train at 59th st

C. Could have been track work.

I'm not exactly sure

Yesterday around 1230p, I was on a uptown (D) train. After leaving 7Av/53St, it stopped at the 59St/Columbus Station, but turned out to be on the local track. The conductor announced that "this is a express train, the next stop will be 125th." After leaving 59St, the train was switched again to the express track.

How can this happen? Was it caused by a switch problem before entering the 59St?

PS: There were workers walking in the uptown tunnel between 86st and 96st stations.

Another logical explanation could be that the tower screwed up and thought the (D) was a (:(, and switched it before it got sent up the local. That actually did happen once last year with a (D) I was on. It seems logical seeing as they share a similar route.

Archived