Pizza tour leads cheese-and-sauce faithful to city's cream of the crust

Trainspotter

Pizza tour leads cheese-and-sauce faithful to city's cream of the crust

No bus tour ever tasted this good.

New York City — already home to a "Sex and the City" tour, a TV and movie trek and a Harlem gospel expedition — has a new attraction sure to please tourist taste buds.

Each Sunday, Scott's Pizza Tour will sample the slices at a half-dozen of the city's famed pie palaces like John's in Greenwich Village and Totonno's in Coney Island.

"This is like a dream, this pizza tour. It's great," said Chris Brady, 28, a Massachusetts customer service rep who downed 10 slices at five pizzerias yesterday during the tour's maiden voyage.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - April 28, 2008

Don't forget Ray's!!!!!

- Andy

Which one? :D:P:p

One of my favorites is Gotham Pizza on the Upper East Side. Famiglia is also always good, and there is a place in Canarsie I like too but I can't remember the name. Also woth noting is a place in Forest Hills. I think it's Marzella or Mazzella, something like that. It's on Metropolitan. They make a good slice.

Which one? :D:P:p

One of my favorites is Gotham Pizza on the Upper East Side. Famiglia is also always good, and there is a place in Canarsie I like too but I can't remember the name. Also woth noting is a place in Forest Hills. I think it's Marzella or Mazzella, something like that. It's on Metropolitan. They make a good slice.

The original one, on prince st.

- Andy

Wow that is a great idea. They would have to include one of these three Lombardi's, Ray's, or Johns from Manhattan. I heard a lot about Totonnos in Coney Island. I might have to take a trip again ;)

Totonno's is excellent. It's on Neptune IIRC. Best to sit down and go for the whole experience. If you like a crispy, slightly burnt crust and fresh ingredients its perfect.

The original one, on prince st.

- Andy

By this, i mean the first one to open, i think across the st from the first pizza place in the country. I have heard that this ray's uses the oven from Lombardi's, which is the name of that very first american pizzeria.

- Andy

Archived