Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Trainspotter

Pizza tour leads cheese-and-sauce faithful to city's cream of the crust

Pizza tour leads cheese-and-sauce faithful to city's cream of the crust

No bus tour ever tasted this good.

New York City — already home to a "Sex and the City" tour, a TV and movie trek and a Harlem gospel expedition — has a new attraction sure to please tourist taste buds.

Each Sunday, Scott's Pizza Tour will sample the slices at a half-dozen of the city's famed pie palaces like John's in Greenwich Village and Totonno's in Coney Island.

"This is like a dream, this pizza tour. It's great," said Chris Brady, 28, a Massachusetts customer service rep who downed 10 slices at five pizzerias yesterday during the tour's maiden voyage.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - April 28, 2008

Aw man, I'm so going on this tour this summer. Making me hungry. Better pay a visit to Benny Tudino's in Hoboken......

Don't forget Ray's!!!!!

- Andy

Which one? :D:P:p

One of my favorites is Gotham Pizza on the Upper East Side. Famiglia is also always good, and there is a place in Canarsie I like too but I can't remember the name. Also woth noting is a place in Forest Hills. I think it's Marzella or Mazzella, something like that. It's on Metropolitan. They make a good slice.

Which one? :D:P:p

One of my favorites is Gotham Pizza on the Upper East Side. Famiglia is also always good, and there is a place in Canarsie I like too but I can't remember the name. Also woth noting is a place in Forest Hills. I think it's Marzella or Mazzella, something like that. It's on Metropolitan. They make a good slice.

The original one, on prince st.

- Andy

Wow that is a great idea. They would have to include one of these three Lombardi's, Ray's, or Johns from Manhattan. I heard a lot about Totonnos in Coney Island. I might have to take a trip again ;)

Wow that is a great idea. They would have to include one of these three Lombardi's, Ray's, or Johns from Manhattan. I heard a lot about Totonnos in Coney Island. I might have to take a trip again ;)

Totonno's is excellent. It's on Neptune IIRC. Best to sit down and go for the whole experience. If you like a crispy, slightly burnt crust and fresh ingredients its perfect.

The original one, on prince st.

- Andy

By this, i mean the first one to open, i think across the st from the first pizza place in the country. I have heard that this ray's uses the oven from Lombardi's, which is the name of that very first american pizzeria.

- Andy