DCAS outstanding certification list

Carlosgon87

I have read the other threads with a similar question but i didn't get a clear answer so i was hoping some1 can help me with my questions.

I took my Car Inspector test back in December 2009. I finally received my list number back in October 2010. I would regularly call to see my status and it would continually say i am on an outstanding certification. Back in the beginning of January it said I was on the outstanding certification still. Now i called earlier today and it states i am not on an outstanding certification and also states that i am list #216, the original number of eligibles were 482, the last eligible certified list # is 320, and the last eligible appointed was list # 23.

What does this mean since i am no longer on the outstanding certification?

when i was on outstanding certification, i was in the next group to be called . After i was hired , i was removed from outstanding certification. I would call DCAS so they can clarify and to make sure that you did'nt get passed up somehow. DCAS 212 669 1357

outstanding certification means they are reaching your number on the list. according to what you said, last list # hired was # 23. you are # 216. 320 out of the 482 who took the exam are eligible for the job. you have a bit of a wait depending on their needs. hopefully they call you soon! good luck!!!!

Thanks harry that's what i have feared. The problem is when i call the hotline during business hours i don't hear an option to speak to a live operator. Do you know what buttons to hit after i dial 212 669 1357 so i can speak to the an actual person? once again thanks

outstanding certification means they are reaching your number on the list. according to what you said, last list # hired was # 23. you are # 216. 320 out of the 482 who took the exam are eligible for the job. you have a bit of a wait depending on their needs. hopefully they call you soon! good luck!!!!

Thanks Popsicle but just to clarify a little more on this; 320 out of the 482 are eligible. how do i know i am still eligible? would it have said something different?

this means they sent you a job offer to come down but you never showed up.you must email dcas to have your name restored on the list.or go there in person if you want the job.you might be in the next class or you might not ever be in a class now do to the layoffs and frezzes good luck to you hope you get another shot at the job.

this means they sent you a job offer to come down but you never showed up.you must email dcas to have your name restored on the list.or go there in person if you want the job.you might be in the next class or you might not ever be in a class now do to the layoffs and frezzes good luck to you hope you get another shot at the job.

Thanks seal, but I never recieved any letter or call to come down and they do have my current info. I'm going to them in person on Tuesday and to see if i can be restored. do you know if and how lenient they are towards restoring people on the list?

i was on an outstanding certification for conductor for a while before i was called. there was a period of time when i was taken off of it as well, and i was concerned and contacted the transit employment center and they simply told me there was a hiring freeze for conductors at that point in time. i wouldn't worry about it. seal is giving you wrong info. it doesn't mean they sent you a pre-employment letter, it doesn't mean you were a no show, nor does it mean your name was taken off the list and needs to be "restored." if that was the case, how was i hired? like i said, they are up to list #23, you are #216.

• 2 years later...

Exam # 8098 t/o. list #21xx I am trying to make sense of the "outstanding certification"/ "not outstanding certification" an eligible candidate hears when calling dcas automated line. I have looked everywhere and there seems to be a lot of confusion. Disclaimer: what I am posting is not fact, all it is is my understanding from what I have researched here and other forums. I have read other answers that are similar except without a reasonable explanation. So if anybody wants to revise my explanation, please do. Ok here goes. Your list# is your list # and that is what determines when you will receive a letter to start per-employment (no duh. I know I know). Whether or not you are on out. cert. list has nothing to do with when you will be called. "Outstanding" means unresolved. Like an outstanding warrant or outstanding ticket. For example in my case I was on an out. cert. list until they were able to verify my veterans status which gave me a certain number of points which determined what was my place on the established list. Now once I verified my veterans status I was no longer on the out. cert. list because my place on the list was resolved. No longer outstanding. When I call dcas I now get " you are not currently on an outstanding certification". It's possible that two eligible candidates close in number be called for preemployment off the list with one being on out. cert. and another not being on out. cert. I can understand the confusion. How some people believe it means you are close or how it doesn't mean anything. The important thing is that you are a reasonable list # . Well I hope if anything this opens up discussion to what this all means and hopefully we get more clarification. Gluck to everyone

Make sure you call and get that cleared up. I think they called everyone from that list already, I am currently a provisional Car Inspector. There are alot of provisionals in the system now. They call from the list first before they hire provisionally. For some reason you were removed from the list. It is normally that they cannot get in touch with you or you declined the appointment, etc. You should really call or go down to the transit authority building on Livingston street in brooklyn., I took the test after yours and they say our list should be out within a few weeks. There is no reason why you should not be working already.

Archived