problem with bve d&b lines

i just want to know if anybody else gets incredible lag on the d and b lines in bve when entering the following stations:

bedford park blvd

kingsbridge road

fordham road

161st street

155th street

145th street

125th street.

can anybody please help me. i have the comp. requirements but there is always lag on those 2 lines entering those stations. i cant fixit. at first i thought it was because i was going to fast but then i started entering those stations slow and there is still lag cany anybody tell me if they have this problem or if they can help me.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It depends on the computer you have... My last netbook (Windows 7) the frame rate was very bad on the (B)(D) lines. Now Im back to Windows XP, and the frame rate is excellent.

Though sometimes when entering a station on the (B)(D) route, the frame freezes, then it picks up again and I zoom past the station :mad:. I think I has to do with your OS.

The (7), <7>, (L), 42 Street shuttle (S), Lefshut (A), & (E) routes had good frame rate on my last computer. though the (B), (D), (G), (Q), <R>, and (V) routes lagged alot, about 3 frames per second.

Once again, I think it depends on your OS. also bigger routes on some Operating Sytems (OS) (such as the (B)(D)) lag. :P

thank you for telling me that. you said you had a netbook with windows 7 i have a netbook also with windows xp but i thought it could not be the os also i ahve that problem to with the frames freezing then catching up again. you knwo i had to bypass 3 stations because the frames stopped. by the time the frames started moving again the train was at the 6 marker and i could not stop it not even with the emergency brake. so thanks for telling me.:cool::cool::cool:

Actually no, it is not your operating system. It's the amount of detail put into every 25 meters of the station. Tunnels are the same, beams, walls, etc. but a station is built custom by the developer, and it's amount of detail can vary throughout it. Try lowering the viewing distance and the problem should decrease.

OpenBVE would render basically anything on any computer at the same speed, but for older computers that would lead to overheating. If you have a newer model computer this will not happen, but I would still suggest that you lower the viewing distance for optimal performance.

Archived