Commuters' group report: '10 plagues of the subway'

Commuters' group report: '10 plagues of the subway'

A rat on the platform, a gag-inducing smell in the car, and watching your transfer train pull away just as your train gets to the station. On any given trip there's going to be something to startle, disgust, or annoy riders.

Leave it to the Straphangers Campaign to release its own informal list of "ten plagues of the subway" Thursday to account for some of the most common rider problems.

Overcrowding. Flooding. Filthy seats. And the list goes on.

"I've already been chastised for leaving out rats, cockroaches and subway preachers," said Gene Russianoff, senior attorney for NYPIRG's Straphangers Campaign.

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - May 9, 2008

"Leave it to the Straphangers Campaign to release its own informal list of "ten plagues of the subway" Thursday to account for some of the most common rider problems."

I was thinking the same thing but in a negative POV.

"Overcrowding. Flooding. Filthy seats. And the list goes on."

Funny, my pet peeve is bitchy riders.

"He said that the Franklin Avenue stop on the C is the worst, with holes along the platform walls and rats scurrying all over the tracks."

And Chambers Street on the (J)(M)(Z) is so much better...

"For the germ-concerned, the subway car is an overflowing petri dish of microorganisms."

Will some f***ing Purell kill you?

1. The customers who don't clean up behind themselves

2. the Managers

3. TWU Local 100

4. The customers

5. the customers

6. the customers

7. the customers

8. the managers

9. TWU local 100

10. The customers

Sadly we need the customers so we have a job.........

1. The customers who don't clean up behind themselves

2. the Managers

3. TWU Local 100

4. The customers

5. the customers

6. the customers

7. the customers

8. the managers

9. TWU local 100

10. The customers

Sadly we need the customers so we have a job.........

Sorry, i'll behave more, no more holding doors, and i'll pick up newspapers that aren't mine to keep the train clean. Maybe inspire people? :rolleyes:

- Andy

Sorry, i'll behave more, no more holding doors, and i'll pick up newspapers that aren't mine to keep the train clean. Maybe inspire people? :rolleyes:

- Andy

No just tell those who leave it, that they complain of the dirty trains, but they are the ones causing it.....

- Andy

Well I kind of see leaving of the newspapers on seats as a good thing, sometimes when i board the train i take the paper and read it, but thats once in a blue moon.

Well I kind of see leaving of the newspapers on seats as a good thing, sometimes when i board the train i take the paper and read it, but thats once in a blue moon.

Try sitting on it instead. It would be a good barrier between you and the filthy seats.......

Archived