LIRR Question

DHeese810

I was waiting for a friend on Saturday at Forest Hills and while i waited, i checked out the LIRR Platform there. In the middle of the express nd local tracks were several sets of T Frames and other metal, bridge support like trusses. On both platforms, there were also "gang plank" like things facing outwards towards the tracks. Just wanted to see if anyone knew what they were.

Thanks,

-Dan

Interesting, so all of the passengers have to go to the middle of the platform to debark the train in this case? And when are they used, not in regular service I'd imagine.

-Dan

They are only used when there's construction and the train is not able to stop at the platform like usual.

2 pictures of them in action (though no trains; just imagine the trains alongside the bridge plates :))

rowayton7.jpg

rowayton10.jpg

They are only used when there's construction and the train is not able to stop at the platform like usual.

2 pictures of them in action (though no trains; just imagine the trains alongside the bridge plates B))

rowayton7.jpg

rowayton10.jpg

We need a picture for the LIRR, considering 1) There is no catenary on LI other than the tracks around Sunnyside Yard, and 2) This is an LIRR thread.

Isn't it the same thing on the LIRR? Same concept?

Archived