Will the Train of Many Colors run this year on a Fan Trip?

r40s 4501

Yeah I knew that. I'm talking about the other R30s. It's unknown what will happen to them at this time and may get scrapped soon unless something is done about that.

Most of the R30s like the 2 school cars at CIY need to be scrapped. They are in terrible shape and parts from them could be used on others cars. The two at CIY are no longer being used as school cars and maybe gone as soon as May.

Forget the 1/9s. Lets see a fan trip with Slants :cool::tup:

As we all know, NYC Transit has been running the Arnines during the holiday season on Sundays, from after Thanksgiving to the end of December. What I would like to happen is the Sunday before Thanksgiving (which is 11/20/11 this year), I would like to see the R32s/R38s/R40s/R42s (etc) run on the same line, same time. The "biggest" challenge of this would be getting all of the cars together (since they are all scattered).

Like someone else said, it is up to management (or the higher up people) to make this decision.

Good/bad thought?

The parts thing is a big one. If everything goes well with that everyone may see an R32 pair converted to it's Pre-GOH appearance. As for the R30s are they all in terrible shape? CIY one wasn't one I was thinking of that could be preserved I was thinking the ones being used as Rail Adhesion cars. They are the only R30s that are not sitting around doing nothing and they don't look like they are in bad condition, although their condition I'm just saying that based on pictures, which really doesn't mean much.

The RATs are being scrapped. I was one one back in November and the car was shot. The RCI told me that for several years those cars were more trouble then their worth and he was happy to see them go. Those pictures are several years only and those cars look terrible now.

Archived