Will the Train of Many Colors run this year on a Fan Trip?

r40s 4501

What's wrong with it? I recall someone saying in another thread that there were issues with it.....

They need a paint job, they have dead motors, flat wheels, alot of holes from rust, and most important of all.... the cars are too new to draw in a large enough crowd to make it worth while to run them.

They need a paint job, they have dead motors, flat wheels, alot of holes from rust, and most important of all.... the cars are too new to draw in a large enough crowd to make it worth while to run them.

That sucks. I've seen them sit outside of the 207th St yard and its just seems like the (MTA) just totally disregards the trains and that pisses me off. I love the Train of Many Colors and I wish they would get their day in the sun the same way that the R1-9s and the Low-V's do.

That sucks. I've seen them sit outside of the 207th St yard and its just seems like the (MTA) just totally disregards the trains and that pisses me off. I love the Train of Many Colors and I wish they would get their day in the sun the same way that the R1-9s and the Low-V's do.

Just hope for the Mets to make the playoffs anytime in the near future, that will probably be the main reason for running them (like the last few times).

Lo-Vs are only running during Yankee playoff games now

Well that is the way things are right now. In the meanwhile waiting for these fantrips that are using cars like the TOMC or Lo-Vs are a killer. To pass some time how about enjoying this right here.

http://subwayal.com/

You might like what you on that site there by the way.

I like the site. It's really interesting.

Just hope for the Mets to make the playoffs anytime in the near future, that will probably be the main reason for running them (like the last few times).

Lo-Vs are only running during Yankee playoff games now

Well now I have a reason to root for the Mets lol (BTW, I like the Yanks and Mets)

INDman just answered your question there. Maybe in five or ten years from now we may see them making a significant come back like they did in 2004. While we are on the topic right now the old lovable Arnines and Lo-Vs are here. R1 #103 maybe released this year and I wonder what the status on WF Lo-V #5655 is? Status on the the BU elevated cars are unknown and so are the Triplexs. The BMT Standards are also not operating yet, but that may change.

103 won't be coming out this year. Unless things change in a hurry, and that's unlikely.

5655 is a few years down the road.

So 103 is most likely next year? That won't be too bad. Just in time for the 80th anniversary of the opening of the IND subway.

We'll see. Things are not good right now so a lot of what happens with museum cars will depend on decisions made by people at or near the top of their departments.

The equipment is safe, it's just restorations are almost guaranteed to take longer than expected.

It's been a while since BMT Standards last ran. It would be nice to see them run again. As for the SMEE equipment I more focused on the R27 #8145 and the remaining R30s more then any other B division SMEE car. Don't want 8145 going to scrap as it is the last R27 in existence and no one wants to see 8506 as the only remaining R30 left in existence. Right now the only thing I know is that none of the remaining R27/30 cars that are at various yards are operating and there are no current plans to preserve those cars for now.

8506 is already preserved by the Transit Museum and accessioned into its collection.

Archived