I'm a Student Mechanic

TransitStop

"if so what are the chances of becoming an employee in the future?"

Depends on when they give the exam. Try to rank up some more experience because you need several years of experience to qualify for a mechanic position.

so ive been a Student mechanic at OC Transpo for 3 months now and i will be doing it again next year, im wondering has anyone else done this? if so what are the chances of becoming an employee in the future?

Congratulations. If I were you I'd focus on learning everything I could. Also the people you work with at OC Transpo could probably give you a better answer on this than the people at NYCTF, so I'd ask around.

"if so what are the chances of becoming an employee in the future?"

Depends on when they give the exam. Try to rank up some more experience because you need several years of experience to qualify for a mechanic position.

If you bothered to read the OP's post rather than rush to post something for sakes of posting, he currently works for OC Transpo, not the MTA.

Not to get off topic but does the mta have the student mechanic program or something similar?

not really, but you can come in as a CTA or MHB than take a promotional exam to become a BMB. The union sorta has classes to help you understand things that might appear on the test

Archived