Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and PokerStars Domains Seized by the FBI

Messino

Wow, so the GUVT has shut down these domains because they want to enforce their moral laws on the public about online gambling.

:tdown::mad:

Eleven people, including the owners of Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and PokerStars, were charged with violating U.S. anti-Internet gambling laws, according to charges filed by federal prosecutors in Manhattan.

Prosecutors also filed civil money laundering charges seeking to recover at least $3 billion from the companies, which are all based overseas, court documents said.

The Internet domain names of the companies were also seized.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/15/us-gambling-idUSTRE73E6HW20110415

Get back to me about how immoral gambling online is government when your office men aren't having affairs/gettin BJs in airport bathroom stalls while preaching about the sanctity of marriage. giving white collar crooks a bailout after causing a fiscal crisis and using state money to go to baseball games.

You are misunderstanding something. The .net sites aren't for real money. The .coms however, were played using real money.

This explains what I was missing... Thanks.

Reason I linked up the .net domains earlier was b/c they advertise them on TV; quite frequently I might add... so that immediately came to mind upon reading the thread title....

(I) didn't know they had real money versions, or the usage of the .com/.net domains to separate the real from the free/play/house/fake money versions....

Archived