Question about the City Hall Loop

j express

One of my HSES teacher with her friend fall asleep on (5) during the midday or weekend (during the day with no midday extention to Bklyn, and they end up waking up in South Ferry Loop (before old South Ferry was closed), and they did not know it doesn't go to Brooklyn.

I have been on (4) via City Hall Loop during the G.O. and one T/O did not say anything.

Another time not sure if it was (4) or (5) G.O via City Hall Loop, T/O told me I cannot ride through the City Hall Loop.

City Hall Loop can be seen by ANY turning passenger trains at Brooklyn Bridge. That means if the (4) or (5) are relaying at the bridge you do NOT need to wait for a (6) if you want to see the old station.

Again, this only applies to City Hall...NOT south ferry

City Hall Loop can be seen by ANY turning passenger trains at Brooklyn Bridge. That means if the (4) or (5) are relaying at the bridge you do NOT need to wait for a (6) if you want to see the old station.

Again, this only applies to City Hall...NOT south ferry

Why did the (MTA) made the CH loop a revenue track? (Besides crew change or if thats it) How long has this been like this?

In an age of cut-backs, service reductions and other stuff - I think the TA was looking for a way to keep transit fans and tourists "happy" while not spending money.

For example - there are very few to almost no more "Train Of Multi-Color" fan trips, or Nostalgia Trips out of the Transit Museum - it costs too much. The Christmas or Shopper special Nostalgia trains are canceled due to budget cuts. There have been plenty of grumbling about taking pictures on the subway by tourists, transit fans and history buffs - that was embarrassing.

Allowing riders to pass through the City Hall Station on #6 trains - a very short trip - simply does not cost any money (the trains go there anyway, they come back quickly, and only a few committed folks are going to do it).

I think it was a way of gaining a small amount of "good will" on the part of the TA toward the riders, and history buffs.

Mike

Archived