3rd avenue - 63rd St entrance to (F)

rockdove

There is an subway entrance to the F 63rd St-Lexington Avenue station that has been constructed recently.

I didn't read the sign too well -- i got the idea that it is a temporary entrance that will be employed during 2nd avenue subway construction.

It is very small looking and could not equip a pair of escalators -- is this for passenger service or for the construction workers?

A third avenue exit to the F would be useful to get people connected to buses uptown and downtown, at 2nd avenue.

There was space built for a 3rd Ave. entrance planned to be opened with SAS, for some reason. Behind the wall (on the other side of the platform where trains were laid up), there was a dark cavernous space with stairways. (So if I was on that end, I could get from one level to the other, with a flashlight).

I didn't know something was opened to the street now, but that must be for construction. They're doing a lot of work in the station as well, in preparation. So when they're ready to open that to the public, there would be plenty of space for escalators, and whatever street entrance you're seeing would be completely expanded. (I never knew where it would come up on 3rd anyway).

• 3 weeks later...

The Third Avenue access will be popular, I think, since Second Avenue will not have a station between 72d Street and 55th Street (a spacing of seventeen blocks).

I think people will take the (Q) to Lexington Avenue and use the Third Avenue access for a Second Avenue address in the East 63d Street area.

The Third Avenue access will be popular, I think, since Second Avenue will not have a station between 72d Street and 55th Street (a spacing of seventeen blocks).

I think people will take the (Q) to Lexington Avenue and use the Third Avenue access for a Second Avenue address in the East 63d Street area.

Wow that crazy, Im surprise that they can not use part of the old trolley car platform under Second ave and 59th st/QBB.

They have been fixing up the old entrance to the underground platform. They can have a entrance across the street under the Roosevelt Tram . Plenty of room there at that spot.

S/F,

CEYA!

Archived