Question before taking the BUS operator exam

tony300zxtt

hey guys, i know the exam is out right now for the bus operator..my question is ..lasy year 2010 of august i got convicted of a DUI..what are my chances that they will consider me..i just dont wanna waiste my time and take the test knowing i wont get hired because i had a DUI last year..

i currently have my license without no points

A DUI last year is very current. Your chances maybe slim. Not saying you will again but alot of people with DUIs end up getting a second or 3rd. The DMV is real strict on that. If you were found guilty of a DUI in the courts it WILL SHOW UP.

Im not trying to sound harsh or anything but you should have thought more wisely. A CDL is a very good thing to have and something like a DUI could hurt your chances. In NJ a first time DUI with a CDL is a suspension minimum of a year and 2nd offense you lose your CDL for life. I forgot what it was for NY since I xfered my NY CDL to NJ. We had a driver a week or so ago got fired because he was involved in a DUI.

There's always MegaBus or CoachUSA. They have a bunch of guys with bad CDLs driving.

A license with no points wont hide a DUI. It will show up when they check because its within the last 3yrs.

I'm curious- what kind of things would make it unlikely to get a CDL (and then a job with the (MTA)). Would something like a simple traffic accident (no injuries or tickets), or even an accidnent where you get a citation, stop you? What about a speeding ticket?

i dont have a CDL..i was planning on getting my permit when i take the exam..as for thinking wise i know it was dum but shit happens and now i got to live with this shit..cost me tons of money and my insurance went sky high..i have friends who are bus drivers for the MTA and i asked them also and they told me just take it ..there was a guy at his job also that had a dui while working for mta as a bus driver but they gave him a 19a..i have no clue but he currently still working there

Just take it ....but here is a quick story , there was a guy who graduated with me at Zerega first week of work he came in smelling like pure liquor , dispatcher said "hey have you been drinking" , he replied "no" so of course the gave him a breathalyzer and he was way over the normal limit Good bye career...sooo just take it and if u slide in don't drink because even tho you slided right in they will be watching you.

P.s. If stress leads you to drink MTA ain't for you bro ham

Archived