Is NJT splitting runs on the 400/403 with Newton Ave?

MarkD329

Over the last couple of days, I have seen an increasing number of Newton Ave buses on Washington Twp's 400 and 403 routes. Yesterday I saw 5368 and 5372 on the 400, and today I rode Transit 5580 from Oaklyn to Lindenwold PATCO. It seems to me that NJT is doing more than borrowing a bus or two from Newton for the 400/403, they are likely assigning runs out of Newton to these lines to have enough "exact fare" buses to meet the schedule.

I know that since the introduction of "Exact Fare" on the Wash. Twp lines [400/403/459/463] there is a surplus of MCIs at Wash. Twp, while the NABI fleet is overstretched beyond their limits, [hence the use of Newton Ave NABIs on the 400/403 lines] what will NJT do? Will they hurry up and get new NABIs down south to meet the schedule requirements without asking another garage to help out, or will they keep squeezing the NABI fleet until something goes wrong?

Just called a buddy of mines. He said the buses from Newton are only being borrowed and Newton drivers are not doing those runs.

Whatever the case is, Washington Twp is just gona have to wait for more nabis, if they even get new nabis.

NJT obviously doesnt give a crap, because if they did those new nabis would have been there since the new exact fare started.

Archived