Q19 needs a face lift

CPBO

Now I thought the whole reason for the move was to save money.......it does not seem like it when I drive from Astoria and dead head back to the garage at the end of every shift....and I see other buses dead heading right pass LGA depot to CP....why do we not finish up in MS???? MS has way to many buses on it....the latest changes by DOT has made it worse.....the bunching up of the Q44's and 17's and 27 really ties up main street.....The Q19 should end at 108 st...perfect spot to pick up the Q48 to Mainstreet....buses should turn around on Ditmars Blvd to head back to Astoria.....everything else could and would remain the same.....the 66 and 19 basically do the same thing....just a few blocks away from each other.....I understand that the further you go towards Astoria, Northern Blvd and Astoria Blvd get farther apart....but I am not saying to eliminate the 19 heading that way.....just get it off of MS. It use to be that way....so why the change??

What do you think?? if at the least.....lets dead head back the depot closer to it....

or have it start and end on 82St.

Now I thought the whole reason for the move was to save money.......it does not seem like it when I drive from Astoria and dead head back to the garage at the end of every shift....and I see other buses dead heading right pass LGA depot to CP....why do we not finish up in MS???? MS has way to many buses on it....the latest changes by DOT has made it worse.....the bunching up of the Q44's and 17's and 27 really ties up main street.....The Q19 should end at 108 st...perfect spot to pick up the Q48 to Mainstreet....buses should turn around on Ditmars Blvd to head back to Astoria.....everything else could and would remain the same.....the 66 and 19 basically do the same thing....just a few blocks away from each other.....I understand that the further you go towards Astoria, Northern Blvd and Astoria Blvd get farther apart....but I am not saying to eliminate the 19 heading that way.....just get it off of MS. It use to be that way....so why the change??

What do you think?? if at the least.....lets dead head back the depot closer to it.....

The 19 needs more frequent service... I had to wait an entire headway for it last summer and ridership wasn't THAT anemic as to warrant 30 min service.

The Q19 should end at 108 st...perfect spot to pick up the Q48 to Main street

I'm inclined to agree with this... It would actually make the Q48 a route that people would end up relying on (more)... outside of service to the airport, that is.... In other words, more useful..... On top of taking Q19's off main, since its usage is rather weak (compared to the rest of the routes in flushing)....

The 19 needs more frequent service... I had to wait an entire headway for it last summer and ridership wasn't THAT anemic as to warrant 30 min service.

you haven't seen enough 19's in service.... there's no real need to increase service on that route... it's no accident they got the 19 & the 66 sharing the same stop on roosevelt... I'd say about 90% of the riders are seeking 66's when those lines form... I think it's funny when a 66 pulls up first, those buses leave crushloaded... and the aftermath yields like 5 or 6 people left waiting/standing.....

To serve major traffic generator so you want make two seat into three seat ride for people who need to transfer in flushing. Before extension Q19 used to have almost no rider and ran 40 minute headway on weekend[

/QUOTE]

Na too many buses on MS......

What's up with the red light at ms and north blvd......counter changes at 8......should be 0......next it will b a red light camera to generate revenue

Archived