What do you think?

VWM

I caught this in the Wikipedia Medford Station Article

In the late 1990s the station was rebuilt again in preparation for the new fleet of double-decker coaches, which require high-level platforms for boarding, and for future electrification of the line.

what do you think?

will east or ronkonkoma be electrified?

There are plans to build a yard to relieve KO between Yaphank and Riverhead, which would involve electrification to that point. It's one of the MTA's numerous "East Side Access Readiness" projects, and hopefully we'll see it done before the end of the decade.

I caught this in the Wikipedia Medford Station Article

what do you think?

will east or ronkonkoma be electrified?

No, its so lightly used, if anything Port Jeffferson would be electrified first or Babylon to Patchogue.

LIRR management keeps trying to kill that segment altogether, I doubt theres going to be any significant improvement to it.

No, its so lightly used, if anything Port Jeffferson would be electrified first or Babylon to Patchogue.

LIRR management keeps trying to kill that segment altogether, I doubt theres going to be any significant improvement to it.

BS on this one it's lightly used BEACAUSE OF IT'S SHITTY SCHEDULE. one train in the morning doesn't even connect to the ferry to shelter island WHAT RIDERSHIP ARE THEY EXPECTING. One train at night pfft please like anyone out there is out at that time POOR scheduling = LOW RIDERSHIP it doesn't take a genius to figure out why ridership is low.

If that part was electrified RIDERSHIP WILL SKYROCKET GUARANTEED!!!!!!! And jitney will be ******. I dare you to try and use it exactly good luck

Any electrification would be nice, nut i think Greenport needs it more to allow for more trains

Any electrification would be nice, nut i think Greenport needs it more to allow for more trains

So ppl can actually USE IT. Ridership will never materialize for a service as inconvenient as the greenport line in it's current service level. If more trains ran ridership will SKYROCKET. Ppl will be able to use it due to better scheduling so ridership can grow reducing operating costs to REASONABLE LEVELS. It costs em $900 million to run these things cause they carry air they run an very inconvenient times so ridership will never be able to materialize.

Well in order to allow more trains on the Greenport, they would have to double track the whole line all the way down...Rule 256 is why service is so low.

256 as in Manual Block? There's manual block east of Speonk and it's 65 MPH...

The 40/45 MPH restrictions are permanent speed restrictions on the line and are not signal-imposed restrictions.

The problem with service enhancement is that the PTCIP calls for only one train on the line at a time.

Well in order to allow more trains on the Greenport, they would have to double track the whole line all the way down...Rule 256 is why service is so low.

Even if it had no double track, it could run more than 2 trains each direction a day if it was electrified.

Archived