Express Bus Maps

Gorgor

My Website > Express Bus Maps category

--------------

I've always wondered why the MTA has never made clear maps indicating how exactly express buses operate in Manhattan, so I've taken on the task of creating color coded maps that clearly define express bus patterns within the borough of Manhattan.

If you follow the link above to my website, you'll find a list of express bus maps I've made under the "Express Bus Maps" category. There will be a separate map for going into Manhattan and coming out of Manhattan. Routes will also have different colors, and routes with the same or nearby last stops will be grouped with a single color.

As of now I have two outlines so far, Staten Island AM rush and Staten Island PM rush. I'm about 25% done with adding in route bullets and stop locations for the AM rush one, and I'll hopefully be done with that in a couple of days, although it might get a bit tricky in Midtown.

--

Also, please point out any errors you see in the maps! The last thing I want is to have something be inaccurate. :(

If you follow the link above to my website, you'll find a list of express bus maps I've made under the "Express Bus Maps" category. There will be a separate map for going into Manhattan and coming out of Manhattan. Routes will also have different colors, and routes with the same or nearby last stops will be grouped with a single color.

Nics job! I see staten I's done, if only the other boroughs had this clearly (like Queens)

Nics job! I see staten I's done, if only the other boroughs had this clearly (like Queens)

Yeah, Queens is going to be the second one I make. Staten Island has one, but all of the routes are the same color, and it makes no distinction whatsoever between the X10B/X10C and the X17A/X17C/X17J. Plus mine's going to have each bus stop clearly marked. :(

Scaped.net

The Staten Island bus map in Midtown was giving me a headache, so I decided to try an easier one. I just uploaded a completed version of all the Queens express buses. This is what all of the maps, once completed, will look like. I'm almost done with the Queens PM rush, and should have that up early next week.

The only bus that was a bit strange was the X68, which has three service patterns into Manhattan. During the height of rush hour, there's one variant that goes on 34th Street and then goes south to 23rd, while another one goes on 3rd to 42nd, then Madison to 57th. During the rest of rush hour it operates like the X63/X64, taking 3rd to 57th then 5th down to 23rd.

Hey, Gorgor, you still have that map of all the Express Buses on Manhattan, the one that needed re-sizing?

Yeah I have it somewhere, but everything on one map isn't really readable, plus I never properly got the 6th/3rd Avenue QM bus patterns worked out properly nor the nonstop portions. I might work on that a little also, but these are more in depth and detailed.

Archived