Can anyone tell me what the LIRR physical is like?

ac1962

probably similar to the mta physical.. check weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing.. MTA does a EKG exam.. test urine for protein.. drug screening.. some sort of questionaire about your family and personal medical history, prescriptions you may be on,etc.. check reflexes.. last time I was at MAC they checked lung capacity by blowing into a machine.. Similar to the alcohol testing exam..

that's about it.. good luck. hope it helped..

Just remember, if you haven't actually been diagnosed by a professional MD by something, don't say you have it. Like, if you have back pain every once in a while.. Don't go and say you have chronic back pain or arthritus if you haven't been diagnosed with it. If you get headaches often, don't say you get migraines if u haven't been diagnosed with it.. Don't say you snore.. They will send you for a sleep apnea exam..

Many people disqualify themselves this way. Anything you have been diagnosed with, be honest about.

probably similar to the mta physical.. check weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing.. MTA does a EKG exam.. test urine for protein.. drug screening.. some sort of questionaire about your family and personal medical history, prescriptions you may be on,etc.. check reflexes.. last time I was at MAC they checked lung capacity by blowing into a machine.. Similar to the alcohol testing exam..

that's about it.. good luck. hope it helped..

Just remember, if you haven't actually been diagnosed by a professional MD by something, don't say you have it. Like, if you have back pain every once in a while.. Don't go and say you have chronic back pain or arthritus if you haven't been diagnosed with it. If you get headaches often, don't say you get migraines if u haven't been diagnosed with it.. Don't say you snore.. They will send you for a sleep apnea exam..

Many people disqualify themselves this way. Anything you have been diagnosed with, be honest about.

i have some questions about that. 1. regarding weight, how overweight must you be to be disqualified? 2. if you're healthy but your father has tons of medical problems, can they hold that against you? 3. when the (MTA) looks at your medical records, wont they still care if you have symptoms of a problem even if you weren't diagnosed with it? thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived