Has anyone taken the previous cleaner maintainers helper exam #2806

overtyme2

i just got my results from exam #2806 for cleaner maintainers helper. i passed my list # is 81.00. did anybody else take this exam does anybody know the salary. it was a mabstoa exam but now that they have merged i dont know how the calling off of this list would be

i just got my results from exam #2806 for cleaner maintainers helper. i passed my list # is 81.00. did anybody else take this exam does anybody know the salary. it was a mabstoa exam but now that they have merged i dont know how the calling off of this list would be

If there was only a MaBSTOA one, then they will use that list to fill vacancies in MaBSTOA, TA, and possibly MTA Bus also. So they should get through that list pretty quickly.......

• 4 weeks later...

Cleaner Helper title is only for MaBSTOA.The starting salary is $13.61. Anywhere from 3-6months, a year or more, they will ask if you want to be promoted to a helper maintainer.

The consolidation(merge) doesn't really mean you get to pick into a TA garage after the 2 weeks training. You must wait til the general pick comes around and request to be transferred to a TA (brooklyn depots only) Queens and SI is a different union(ATU), bronx,manhattan, brooklyn (local 100).

For more info, you will have to ask the union rep who will be helping you pick your depot and (trick)job on the last day of training.

Cleaner Helper title is only for MaBSTOA.The starting salary is $13.61. Anywhere from 3-6months, a year or more, they will ask if you want to be promoted to a helper maintainer.

The consolidation(merge) doesn't really mean you get to pick into a TA garage after the 2 weeks training. You must wait til the general pick comes around and request to be transferred to a TA (brooklyn depots only) Queens and SI is a different union(ATU), bronx,manhattan, brooklyn (local 100).

For more info, you will have to ask the union rep who will be helping you pick your depot and (trick)job on the last day of training.

do you know what the top rate of pay is,and what is the differnce between a regular cleaner and a cleaner maintainers helper does one title make more than the other and also do you think a list#81 is good enough to get called quickly

A regular cleaner can only do cleaning jobs, a cleaner maintainer's helper get to do extra things that regular cleaners are not allowed to. Such as working the fuel line, parts pick-up, radiator wash, topping off windshield washer fluid, taking deliverys from water trucks, supplies and etc....

The current top pay for a cleaner is about $22-23 and $24 for a helper. Normally, both cleaner and cleaner helper get the same pay. The only exception is when a cleaner helper does helper work in which he or she will get an extra $1.27/hr or $1.77 for the fuel line.

As for list #81 it will depend on how many people they need, the earliest would be sometime next year or two.

• 1 year later...

Archived