testing out my new camera

Andy

Got a Canon Powershot SX230 HS

pics (slideshow since the pics are 4000x3000)

ImageShack slideshow

vids:

Enjoy ;)

After seeing this pics I think I'm going to stop using Program and try Manual settings...What ISO setting do you guys use for the subway, not the elevated portions, underground (mine goes from 100 to 3200)

Don't jump the gun and go all manual yet, experiment with Av and Tv first and get the hang of things. I still shoot mostly in Av and Tv even now after all these years

As for ISO, lower ISO = bright places, higher ISO = dark places (in a nutshell). I dont know the ISO performance for your camera so I wouldn't go over 800 just to be safe (higher ISO also means lower photo quality). Try experimenting around with your camera to see what are the best options for you.

Also if im not mistaken, I believe the lens on your camera can stop down to f/2.0..if that's the case then underground shots should not be a problem at all.

Don't jump the gun and go all manual yet, experiment with Av and Tv first and get the hang of things. I still shoot mostly in Av and Tv even now after all these years

As for ISO, lower ISO = bright places, higher ISO = dark places (in a nutshell). I dont know the ISO performance for your camera so I wouldn't go over 800 just to be safe (higher ISO also means lower photo quality). Try experimenting around with your camera to see what are the best options for you.

Also if im not mistaken, I believe the lens on your camera can stop down to f/2.0..if that's the case then underground shots should not be a problem at all.

So the pics weren't that bad? I used Program for all the them... I'm used to it with my old camera.

Your photos and videos are really great! ;) And do not worry - they are not bad at all for a pocket camera. The website that I always visit for in-depth camera reviews gave a thumbs-up for this camera. I also use Program Auto sometimes...just for convenience.

I do suggest that you: 1) don't use Imageshack slideshow because it dumbs down the quality, and 2) resize your pictures to 1024x768 (max) the next time you upload your pictures onto Imageshack.

Your photos and videos are really great! ;) And do not worry - they are not bad at all for a pocket camera. The website that I always visit for in-depth camera reviews gave a thumbs-up for this camera. I also use Program Auto sometimes...just for convenience.

I do suggest that you: 1) don't use Imageshack slideshow because it dumbs down the quality, and 2) resize your pictures to 1024x768 (max) the next time you upload your pictures onto Imageshack.

Thanks and yeah I noticed the pics weren't as great as they originally were now looking at them side by side. I'll upload the all pics next time so people don't have to click a slideshow link.

good points, I rarely go over 400 as of late, and my camera can do 1600ISO, some people go to 2000 or 3200 ISO and it comes out slightly noisy, even with the newer generation of cameras.

Archived