Conductor Arrested for Assault, Harrassment of Man (18)

sovetskii52

well that still does not give a right to lay your hands on him now that conductor might get suspended terminated or demoted to a cleaner maybe who know but if i was there i would have said something to the conductor and yelled at him i would have said u know now u will most likely lose your job if i was the conductor i would have yelled at him like get your feet off the seats this is not your house

Something is weird, the story said, the Conductor snapped, did he tell the kid to get his feet off & just acted snotty to the conductor, or did the conductor just go & punch him?

Disclaimer: I'm not justifying the conductors actions, I just want to know if the conductor snapped from seeing him with his feet on the seat, or did he snap, cause the kid talked back to him?

OK I asked around and here's the deal as well as my opinions.

The kid was being mouthy in general. Apparently the kid (and yes, he's a KID) was aggressively trying to "hustle" money in typical street trash "swagga" style from customers who complained.

The conductor apparently went back to tell the kid to knock it off, and the kid mouthed off back to him.

My comments: clearly, somewhere, sometime in his life, someone should have knocked the snot out of that kid and set him straight. Maybe if he had a father figure in his life instead of looking up to a bunch of deadbeats and thinking that hustling strangers for $5 on a train is a good way of living, he wouldn't be the problem he's going to be to society. But that said the person to set him straight in no circumstance should have been the conductor, especially not while on duty, in uniform, and on TA property.

This is not the 1980s (or even early 90s) when that kind of thing could go on and everyone would look the other way. Society has become Youtube and public employee scandal obsessed, everyone has phones with cameras, and no one seems to believe in vigilante justice anymore anyway. As a result, the conductor will likely lose his job.

The conductor should have done what his training called for and reported an unruly customer harassing customers and unwilling to stop causing a disturbance on the train, held the train in the station and waited for the cops to show up who would have pulled him off the train if necessary. Nothing more. Some kid mouthes off...so what. Call the proper authorities and let them teach the kid a lesson.

Now the problem I have with society is that had the conductor done all that, and the punk ass kid mouthed off to the cop and the cop creamed him across the face...we'd be hearing the same whiners who think that this hoodrat is a "misguided victim of circumstance" calling for the "racist" cop's head (note: even if the cop happens to be black). And that's the real joke of modern society. But the conductor needed to protect his job and worry about his responsibilities, not the cop's. Times have changed, I don't agree for the better, but you've got to protect yourself and your job first.

Yeah he's in the wrong, but I support his actions unofficially. These folks need to learn proper etiquette and the subway is not your personal home. Keep you feet on the ground. :mad: I bet that guy will think twice next time he goes to stretch out on a subway. LOL Pow, right in the kisser. ;)

Well, if it's an uncrowded train, I have no problem with people putting their feet up. I've done it myself (except I was careful that my shoes didn't touch the seat, so it was more "Stretching your leg out" than "putting your feet up".)

But if it's a SRO train, there's definitely no excuse. I've seen kids do that on SRO buses and I wanted to strangle them.

But yeah, the conductor was still in the wrong.

OK I asked around and here's the deal as well as my opinions.

The kid was being mouthy in general. Apparently the kid (and yes, he's a KID) was aggressively trying to "hustle" money in typical street trash "swagga" style from customers who complained.

The conductor apparently went back to tell the kid to knock it off, and the kid mouthed off back to him.

My comments: clearly, somewhere, sometime in his life, someone should have knocked the snot out of that kid and set him straight. Maybe if he had a father figure in his life instead of looking up to a bunch of deadbeats and thinking that hustling strangers for $5 on a train is a good way of living, he wouldn't be the problem he's going to be to society. But that said the person to set him straight in no circumstance should have been the conductor, especially not while on duty, in uniform, and on TA property.

This is not the 1980s (or even early 90s) when that kind of thing could go on and everyone would look the other way. Society has become Youtube and public employee scandal obsessed, everyone has phones with cameras, and no one seems to believe in vigilante justice anymore anyway. As a result, the conductor will likely lose his job.

The conductor should have done what his training called for and reported an unruly customer harassing customers and unwilling to stop causing a disturbance on the train, held the train in the station and waited for the cops to show up who would have pulled him off the train if necessary. Nothing more. Some kid mouthes off...so what. Call the proper authorities and let them teach the kid a lesson.

Now the problem I have with society is that had the conductor done all that, and the punk ass kid mouthed off to the cop and the cop creamed him across the face...we'd be hearing the same whiners who think that this hoodrat is a "misguided victim of circumstance" calling for the "racist" cop's head (note: even if the cop happens to be black). And that's the real joke of modern society. But the conductor needed to protect his job and worry about his responsibilities, not the cop's. Times have changed, I don't agree for the better, but you've got to protect yourself and your job first.

Now this is starting to make sense! I didnt think the conductor went over to the kid and punched him.

Imagine, you as an adult, & some little schmuck mouths off to you, wouldn't you want to beat the ever-loving-shit out of him?

Once again, I'm not justifying the conductors actions, I sorta understand why he snapped & punched him, however, he should have contacted the cops.

I hope he doesn't lose his job, but he should get some sort of punishment.

If you can't keep your anger issue in check while you're dealing with the public,this is not the job for you,because you going to deal with ass clowns people every week at lease who will get under your skin.IMO

Archived