Four bus shots for the start of 2012

Gong Gahou

Thanks, guys! :)

Nice shots, know that area very well. Nice codebreak on 5407 too (rare bus at that), x37 is pretty cool to see.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the term "codebreak". Do you use that word when you see something that's rare in real life?

And yep, it surprised me to see a D60 signed up as the X37. :D

Every destination sign is activated using codes -- you might plug in, say, 2012 for the route "M101 Ft George - 193 st " to appear; and then plug in 2013 for "M101 Lex Ave 125 St" to appear. Every route has a different code that must be manually plugged in for the route to appear on the destination sign. Using a code that shows a sign vastly different from the actual route is known as "codebreaking" -- in a sense, you're breaking the code. So that x37 is a codebreak, as that bus was probably in M101/M102/M103 service at the time.

Ah, so that's where it came from! But when subway railfanners say that they "codebreaked" the trains with rollsigns on them, is that an extension to the meaning of "codebreak"?

That X37 artic shot is awesome! Great stuff overall, Keep up the great work! :cool:

Thanks, MattTrain!

the hot topic of this post...the codebreak X37 very nice pics

and yea the term of "codebreak" is basically using different code routes on other buses basically but it's very nice to present each time and codebreaks are fun and nice to see

the hot topic of this post...the codebreak X37 very nice pics

and yea the term of "codebreak" is basically using different code routes on other buses basically but it's very nice to present each time and codebreaks are fun and nice to see

Thanks for the comment and info, and glad you like it! :P

I should look out for more codebreaks in the future, but it's not going to be easy finding another one. The D60 codebreak was out of sheer luck.

Thanks for the comment and info, and glad you like it! :P

I should look out for more codebreaks in the future, but it's not going to be easy finding another one. The D60 codebreak was out of sheer luck.

yea codebreaks are difficult to find and not easy to get and not easy to do

Archived