Reprogrammed signs?

I see Veolia finally got to mastering the Luminators or they found someone who knew how to work them.

An example...

Before, the N16 to Baldwin would flash N16 Baldwin Silver Lake/Via Hempstead Av/Via Foxhurst Rd but now they drop the Av/Rd. I also noticed the side signs are different - the town the terminal is in will be in slightly thicker font but the street it stops on will still be in the thinner font.

Any reasons for that?

They have to get them mastered to add:

N6X Hempstead / Jamaica

N16 Rockville Centre

N23 Hempstead

N22X Hicksville /Jamaica

N24 Hicksville

N27 Roslyn LIRR

N43 Hempstead

N78/N79 Hicksville LIRR

N79 is already programed 2 runs on sunday going east and one going west saying that M-F in the Morning.

sooo early in the morning, lol

Pulled my first all-nighter since '06 last Friday for a Public Speaking assignment and all my professor said was to fix my formatting. likeaboss.jpg

I kept it going by playing bass-heavy/riff heavy music and after an intense workout on no sleep and a piece of bread for breakfast, managed to take another hour and a half without any sleep to go to Wendy's and eat some lunch and then take another 15 minutes to wait for a bus and another 10 to get home. That was a fun day.

The thing about the N16 is that people at the DSS are waiting too even when the bus has flagged people at Nassau and before the takeover, bus operators would take on as many as they could at the college and still turn into the building loop just to piss people waiting there off. Even the N16 that picked them up would be packed beyond federal standards....

Pulled my first all-nighter since '06 last Friday for a Public Speaking assignment and all my professor said was to fix my formatting. likeaboss.jpg

I kept it going by playing bass-heavy/riff heavy music and after an intense workout on no sleep and a piece of bread for breakfast, managed to take another hour and a half without any sleep to go to Wendy's and eat some lunch and then take another 15 minutes to wait for a bus and another 10 to get home. That was a fun day.

The thing about the N16 is that people at the DSS are waiting too even when the bus has flagged people at Nassau and before the takeover, bus operators would take on as many as they could at the college and still turn into the building loop just to piss people waiting there off. Even the N16 that picked them up would be packed beyond federal standards....

All nighters suck so bad, at least on the bus you can try to take a nap. Yeah they have to turn into the DSS loop because it';s part of the route. I'm sure the drivers would rather have complaints of crowded buses rather than get in trouble because their bus did not follow the route and enter the loop.

So it seems that, to correct the issue, they will have N16's will run non stop between Hempstead and NCC. DSS passengers will have the N27 during Peak hours and the N23 during Middays.

• 3 weeks later...

In this news video, they show an n24 at Mineola with a lowercase "n" on the sign! Anyone seen that yet?

http://fios1news.com...land/node/11989

If you look closely, that looks like 1812. And if you look at the n24, it doesn't look bold. So we may not see the bold font like we do on the 1800s for much longer. And also, in my opinion, the lowercase 'n' still looks bad.

for some reason on the N4 it use to say n4 VIA MERRICK RD(IT WAS BIGGER) NO IT SAYS N4 VIA MERRICK ROAD ( NOW ITS SMALLER)I DONT GET WHY THEY WOULD MAKE THE "VIA MERRICK ROAD SMALLER. BUT THEN AGAIN TO REFLECT THE CHANGE.

Yea, you're on to something. I just saw two N20s heading to Flushing, an 1800 and a 1700, and you can see the VIA NORTHERN BLVD has gotten smaller. Still in bold and capitals, but the size is smaller.

If you look closely, that looks like 1812. And if you look at the n24, it doesn't look bold. So we may not see the bold font like we do on the 1800s for much longer. And also, in my opinion, the lowercase 'n' still looks bad.

Maybe they feel the N isn't as important now. The main thing people need to see is the route number, the buses say "nice" and they're a different color, so it should be obvious that it's a Nassau Bus. and/or maybe its just asthetics

Yea, you're on to something. I just saw two N20s heading to Flushing, an 1800 and a 1700, and you can see the VIA NORTHERN BLVD has gotten smaller. Still in bold and capitals, but the size is smaller.

like i said, its most likely to reflect the (MTA) - NICE change but then again it kinda bothers me :huh: .

Archived