Keystone!

metsfan

Here are some photos of my 10:12 AM keystone train to NYP july 2nd!

P7020011.jpg

P7020010.jpg

P7020008.jpg

P7020004.jpg

It was a very relaxing trip that i enjoyed thoroughly. I wish i had money to take amtrak one way and (NJT) one way every time..

- Andy

WAIT... Amtrak has plugs in thier trains? :eek: :eek:

NJT/LIRR got this too? I hope so... Very cool shots.

They have 2 outlets per seat. LIRR and (NJT) both have power outlets, but they are meant for cleaning crews for their equipment. You can use them though, they are usually located under the seats near the door.

- Andy

Damn, 34 bucks, thats a deal.

If only thats how much Amtrak costs from NY to Philly....

Oh well, I'll take the Bolt Bus or do the combination of NJT trains and buses and whatnot

If you have the patience for SEPTA, it is really cheap, and saves you lots of money if you plan to go either from philly to or past new york, or from new york and further to philly. I think it's like 8 or 9 bucks to get between trenton and market east/ suburban station, or 30th street. At trenton you catch (NJT):nec: Amtrak service between newark and trenton i think is the same price as new york, though it may be 2 dollars cheaper (32 vs 34). Either way you can hop off at newark and take PATH to WTC on one train, or hop off at JSQ and get the train to 33rd street where you have direct subway connections to the (1) at christopher street, 14th street (F)(V), 23rd st (F)(V) and herald square which gives you access to (:P(D)(F)(V)(N)(Q)(R)(W).

- Andy

If you have the patience for SEPTA, it is really cheap, and saves you lots of money if you plan to go either from philly to or past new york, or from new york and further to philly. I think it's like 8 or 9 bucks to get between trenton and market east/ suburban station, or 30th street. At trenton you catch (NJT):nec: Amtrak service between newark and trenton i think is the same price as new york, though it may be 2 dollars cheaper (32 vs 34). Either way you can hop off at newark and take PATH to WTC on one train, or hop off at JSQ and get the train to 33rd street where you have direct subway connections to the (1) at christopher street, 14th street (F)(V), 23rd st (F)(V) and herald square which gives you access to (:P(D)(F)(V)(N)(Q)(R)(W).

- Andy

Yeah, I know my way around.

I'll pass on SEPTA. Rather take a nice ride on the RiverLINE and then a NJT bus into Philly (especially now with the NABI down there in South NJ) or PATCO.

Yeah, I know my way around.

I'll pass on SEPTA. Rather take a nice ride on the RiverLINE and then a NJT bus into Philly (especially now with the NABI down there in South NJ) or PATCO.

Yea i know.:P I kinda post more info than needed for folks who might be looking for such info.

You could do it that way too... Just gotta grab a printed schedule so you can line all the times up. Don't want to be waiting 45 minutes if you're in a rush! B)

- Andy

Yea i know.B) I kinda post more info than needed for folks who might be looking for such info.

You could do it that way too... Just gotta grab a printed schedule so you can line all the times up. Don't want to be waiting 45 minutes if you're in a rush! B)

- Andy

Yeah, I already got my one day trip to Philly plan done. Its actually two, just waiting for the right day to do it and cash.

Take HBLR from Liberty State Park to Exchange Place, PATH Red line to Newark Penn. NEC to Trenton, RiverLINE to Walter Rand Trans Center in Camden, NJT Bus 400 403 or 406 to Philly or PATCO. Then probably Bolt Bus back or the reverse.

Yeah, I already got my one day trip to Philly plan done. Its actually two, just waiting for the right day to do it and cash.

Take HBLR from Liberty State Park to Exchange Place, PATH Red line to Newark Penn. NEC to Trenton, RiverLINE to Walter Rand Trans Center in Camden, NJT Bus 400 403 or 406 to Philly or PATCO. Then probably Bolt Bus back or the reverse.

PATCO & get photos!

- Andy

Interesting to see what the ticket looked like! (Since I've never been on Amtrak before.)

You know what, next time i'll get a photo of the whole ticket, this is just the stub. My next time up there should be on new year's eve, or some time in november. I'll do it then. :P

- Andy

Archived