Baby dies, another suffers from heat stroke in Indy:dozens dead in heatwave

Shortline Bus

A baby girl is dead and another is clinging to life after their parents left them roasting in hot cars amid record-setting temperatures near Indianapolis Sunday, in separate incidents. .

The girl who died was just 3 months old. Police in Greenfield found her locked in her father's car at around 3:35 p.m., the Indianapolis Star reported.

She was later pronounced dead later at Hancock Regional Hospital.

The father, Joshua Stryzanski, 18, was arrested and charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in death, the Star reported.

Police said he left the baby to suffocate in the oven-like vehicle for "an extended period of time."

In the other incident, cops at a shopping center outside Indianapolis smashed out a window of a parked Ford Explorer to rescue a 16-month-old girl left behind by her mother.

A passerby reported seeing the girl alone in the car, the Star said.

She suffered a heat-related seizure on the way to Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Indianapolis, and was said to be in critical condition late Saturday.

The mother, Meg Trueblood, left the girl in the car for about an hour while she bargain hunted at a Simply Chic clothing store, cops said.

Police estimated temps inside the SUV hit 124 degrees.

Trueblood, 30, was charged with felony neglect of a child.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/baby-dies-suffers-heat-related-seizure-parents-leave-hot-cars-article-1.1109980#ixzz20Adn9hDT

image.jpg

I don't understand how parents leave their kids in cars to go shopping AT ALL... Let alone when its hot. That's negligence and irresponsibility... Many ppl aren't cut out to be parents smh....

Sad state in this country. This story once again proves that there idiot people who should never be parents. It does not matter whether it's Brooklyn, NY(Bed Stuvy, etc.) Indianapolis, Indiana or anywhere in between.

Sad state in this country. This story once again proves that there idiot people who should never be parents. It does not whether it's Brooklyn, NY(Bed Stuvy, etc.) Indianapolis, Indiana or anywhere in between.

Yes indeed, and just goes to show that there are idiots and ppl ill-capable of becoming parents everywhere...

I don't get these people. If you are going shopping then bring the kids along with you. That is what I would do if I had kids. Bring them to the mall, get them ice cream, and then just shop while watching over them. That is all you need to do to be a good parent, but these days most parent's don't have a brain so...

I don't understand how parents leave their kids in cars to go shopping AT ALL... Let alone when its hot. That's negligence and irresponsibility... Many ppl aren't cut out to be parents smh....

I heard worst than this. I heard of this couple that put their newborn baby in a suitcase at the Airport, and when it went by luggage claim, the skeleton of the baby was seen, so they found a baby in it. Couple got arrested,

I heard worst than this. I heard of this couple that put their newborn baby in a suitcase at the Airport, and when it went by luggage claim, the skeleton of the baby was seen, so they found a baby in it. Couple got arrested,

Oh damn :o but that just reinforces our comments about ppl not being fit to be parents... The probably did it so they can avoid having to pay a ticket for the baby (I thought babies didn't need a ticket..) But they were so dumb that they forgot that the bags had to go through scanning, and they got arrested based on their stupidity :rolleyes:

Guest Lance

You know, common sense is just not common anymore. And that's a damn shame. Who leaves their kid in the car while they shop? Don't answer that because I already know that the number of reports on this subject has been increasing over the years, regardless of the time of year. It is disturbing to say the least. It's like these people have never heard of the term babysitter before. And if these idiots can afford one, maybe look into asking a nearby relative or close friend to watch their offspring, or better yet, do anything besides leave the kid in the car in the middle of the summer or winter. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that kids are not expendable and you can't replace them if the keel over due to negligence. If that is what goes through some of these people's heads, maybe they shouldn't be having kids.

You know, common sense is just not common anymore. And that's a damn shame. Who leaves their kid in the car while they shop? Don't answer that because I already know that the number of reports on this subject has been increasing over the years, regardless of the time of year. It is disturbing to say the least. It's like these people have never heard of the term babysitter before. And if these idiots can afford one, maybe look into asking a nearby relative or close friend to watch their offspring, or better yet, do anything besides leave the kid in the car in the middle of the summer or winter. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that kids are not expendable and you can't replace them if the keel over due to negligence. If that is what goes through some of these people's heads, maybe they shouldn't be having kids.

Common sense is a misnomer. It can't be common if no one had it in the first place.

Archived