Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
N4 Via Merrick Rd

IF the FIND Display was a just a plain LCD Screen

What if one of the spaces for advertisements were converted to an LCD touch screen? Then we'd have maps that could adjust to match the service changes!

• Upvote 2

Guest Lance

If I'm not mistaken, the preliminary design for the 179s includes a full LCD FIND system instead of the by hybrid LED/LCD ones we have on the 160s. I'd imagine it would like the current FINDs with several next stops on the screens, but would also be able to display other things, like advertisements, especially on long express runs. Of course, that's me expecting the MTA to actually utilize the technology to its fullest, instead of touting new car features years after they've become ubiquitous throughout the system.

If I'm not mistaken, the preliminary design for the 179s includes a full LCD FIND system instead of the by hybrid LED/LCD ones we have on the 160s. I'd imagine it would like the current FINDs with several next stops on the screens, but would also be able to display other things, like advertisements, especially on long express runs. Of course, that's me expecting the MTA to actually utilize the technology to its fullest, instead of touting new car features years after they've become ubiquitous throughout the system.

I remember the only thing those screens played was talking about how "new" those cars were...i think they removed them around 2010 or so

...after the fact that the cars were already 5 years old

I still see the 2003 era LED ad signs on the L once in a while.

would I like to go to the airport for $1.50? sure. I'd get arrested for skimping out on the extra 75 cents, but still.

• Upvote 1