IF the FIND Display was a just a plain LCD Screen

If I'm not mistaken, the preliminary design for the 179s includes a full LCD FIND system instead of the by hybrid LED/LCD ones we have on the 160s. I'd imagine it would like the current FINDs with several next stops on the screens, but would also be able to display other things, like advertisements, especially on long express runs. Of course, that's me expecting the MTA to actually utilize the technology to its fullest, instead of touting new car features years after they've become ubiquitous throughout the system.

If I'm not mistaken, the preliminary design for the 179s includes a full LCD FIND system instead of the by hybrid LED/LCD ones we have on the 160s. I'd imagine it would like the current FINDs with several next stops on the screens, but would also be able to display other things, like advertisements, especially on long express runs. Of course, that's me expecting the MTA to actually utilize the technology to its fullest, instead of touting new car features years after they've become ubiquitous throughout the system.

I remember the only thing those screens played was talking about how "new" those cars were...i think they removed them around 2010 or so

...after the fact that the cars were already 5 years old

Archived