Cablevision signs deal to carry NFL Network & NFL RedZone

Orion VII 4 Life

nfl_network-logo.jpg

"NFL Network and Cablevision (NYSE: CVC), the largest TV provider in the nation's top media market, announced today that they have reached a multi-year agreement for carriage of NFL Network and the NFL RedZone channel.

NFL Network will make its debut in Cablevision homes beginning Friday. NFL Network will be available on channel 150 in both standard-definition and HD for customers who subscribe to iO Preferred, iO Silver, iO Gold or the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak. NFL RedZone, which airs on Sundays throughout the regular season, will be offered in both standard-definition and HD on channel 151 as part of the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak, which is now included in the new iO Gold package, which was launched last spring.

"We know there is significant interest in the NFL Network and NFL RedZone among our Optimum TV customers, and are pleased to have worked productively with the NFL to offer both channels in time for the upcoming season, and for years to come," said Mac Budill, Cablevision's executive vice president of programming.

"Cablevision is one of the top television providers in the country and will offer New York fans football 24 hours a day, 365 days a year," said NFL Media COO Brian Rolapp. "With the 2012 NFL season approaching, Cablevision subscribers will be able to enjoy our expanded 13-game Thursday Night Football schedule, Sunday NFL GameDay shows, NFL Total Access, Emmy award-winning NFL Films programming and much more. In addition, NFL RedZone features every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons."

The Emmy Award-winning America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions series debuts this season's episode on the 2011 New York Giants exclusively on NFL Network on Tuesday, September 4 at 10:00 PM ET, one night before the Giants kick off the 2012 regular season against the Dallas Cowboys.

NFL Network is the destination for all that happens around the sport of football. NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides viewers with more than 2,500 hours per year of original programming, including: NFL Total Access, NFL GameDay, the new four-hour NFL AM weekday morning show, Top 10, Playbook, NFL Replay, NFL Classic Games plus the Emmy award-winning Sound FX and America's Game.

NFL Network is the home of Thursday Night Football -- 13 primetime NFL regular season games from September through December. This year's schedule kicks off on September 13 with a renewal of the NFL's most-played rivalry as the Chicago Bears visit the Green Bay Packers in the 185th meeting between the NFC North division foes.

NFL Network also features every NFL preseason game, the Senior Bowl, plus more coverage of the NFL Draft, Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony, NFL Scouting Combine and Super Bowl than anyone else.

Read more at http://www.nfl.com/n...ork-nfl-redzone

I personally left Cablevision for FiOS a few months back, I must say NFL Network was a good incentive for them (and still is for those in Time Warner territory), but FiOS still has a lot of other incentives. I'm definitely NOT going back to CV, their internet is slow (and has inconsistent speeds), their equipment is outdated and unreliable, the TV picture sucks, and the service always went out. The Dolans are also some of the greediest people on the planet, and I'm glad they're not getting our money anymore. FiOS is 1000 times better (and much cheaper) than what I had with CV, and I really don't understand why people in FiOS territory stay with CV. Sadly most people at least in my area refuse to upgrade to FiOS, and really I think it's about time they got the NFL Network.

Time Warner you now on the clock. CV and TWC held up on NFLNetwork from what i read was because they wanted the Sunday Ticket PPV package. I am sure as part of the new 10-year TV contract extension with NFLN now having a game almost every Thursday and customer pressure is reason the Dolans made the deal.

Still Sunday Ticket should be available on regular pay per view besides only Direct TV. I am sure this will be not be on basic cable on CV right guys? Because for instance MLB Network, NHL Network and NBA TV are all on expanded sports tier on almost all digital cable systems around the nation.

Fios is still "not available" in many parts of the City, including where I live in Queens. So for many people cable is still the only option.

Where i live in Poughkeepsie (dutchess county) most of the city and town now has it. (FIOS) Thus since i dumped TWC last summer ('11)i been very happy with it. I only miss NY1/YNN(upstate ny NY1 sister channel) and the 24/7 Metro Traffic and Weather. Other than those '2' channels i have not looked back on Time Warner since. The package i pay is around $100(it went up $10 from 1-year discount special i had when i joined)for Extreme FIOS TV including free showtime, Internet and home phone.

That same package at TWC would now be around $150. Thus I am saving at least $40-$50. I do feel bad for those of you without FIOS.

Fios is still "not available" in many parts of the City, including where I live in Queens. So for many people cable is still the only option.

Yeah, but they're trying to completely wire up all the cities and towns they have contracts with, so parts of the city that don't have it now should be getting it soon except for those in apartment buildings with management that won't let Verizon install their equipment. In my town FiOS is wired to most areas, yet almost everyone continues to have Cablevision.

Archived