John Lennon murderer David Mark Chapman to be set free on parole?

Shortline Bus

lennon19n-2-web.jpg

He’s not the walrus anymore.

Famously pudgy killer Mark David Chapman looks strikingly thinner — not to mention older and a bit balder — in his latest prison mugshot, obtained by the Daily News.

The May photo of John Lennon’s assassin shows a starkly different Chapman — up for his seventh shot at parole this week, almost 32 years after he gunned down the pacifist ex-Beatle.

Chapman, 57, is now listed as 5-feet-10 and 191 pounds — 35 pounds less than he weighed in 1995.

He looked even heavier in the familiar mug shot taken after Lennon was murdered on Dec. 8, 1980, in front of horrified wife, Yoko Ono.

Rock’s royal couple was headed into their home at the Dakota near Central Park after a late-night recording session.

It’s unclear how Chapman shed the pounds.

Perhaps he’s watching the wheels go round on the jailhouse treadmill during his allotted three daily hours outside his cell at the Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo.

Chapman transferred to the prison from Attica in May, and was placed in protective custody against his will.

The model inmate, who has not had a prison incident report against him since 1994, wanted to join the general population — but prison officials deemed it too dangerous.

Chapman spends most of his time locked alone inside a 9-by-7-foot concrete cell with a TV that he bought and library books that are delivered.

Unlike at Attica, where he worked as a porter and assisted other inmates in a prison law library, Chapman does not yet have a job at Wende.

He can shower three times a week and enjoy his outside recreation time

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/exclusive-photo-john-lennon-murderer-david-mark-chapman-noticeably-thinner-new-mugshot-article-1.1139475#ixzz241UgBJKt

In some very rare cases, i have no problems with giving parole to someone who killed someone else. However IMO the murdered should never ever be set free in cold blooded 1st degree murder or multi murders such as the Batman/Dark Knight shootings. That includes Chapman. :angry: reactions?

Sad. All the great icons of the 20th century: Bob Marley, Bruce Lee, Jimi Hendrix, and yes John Lennon, they're all passed away for a variety of reasons sad to say. Of honorable mention people like Biggie and 2Pac. I personally think this country if not the world would be a bit better off if any of these men were still alive today. Anybody ever wondered about that? Because I have thought about this from time to time.

Sad. All the great icons of the 20th century: Bob Marley, Bruce Lee, Jimi Hendrix, and yes John Lennon, they're all passed away for a variety of reasons sad to say. Of honorable mention people like Biggie and 2Pac. I personally think this country if not the world would be a bit better off if any of these men were still alive today. Anybody ever wondered about that? Because I have thought about this from time to time.

You're definitely not the only one

Well its a moot point, Mr. Chapman has been denied parole for at least 2 more years. With that said, I do buy an argument if Lennon was not a world famous celeb Chapman would be set free a few years ago.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mark-david-chapman-lennon-killer-denied-parole-seventh-time-faces-years-behind-bars-article-1.1142668

Archived